Legacy is a special Wild format card set implemented in Forged in the Barrens. It is the largest set in the game, containing 412 cards. Legacy is made of cards from the former Basic, Classic and Hall of Fame sets.
In the game data, Legacy is technically a representation name of two separate sets, coded as
- 1 Legacy
- 2 Expert1
- 3 Design
- 4 Patch changes
- 5 References
|Ann. date:||February 20, 2021|
|Release date:||March 30, 2021|
The true Legacy set contain these following cards:
- All former Basic cards
- All former Reward cards (Captain's Parrot and Old Murk-Eye)
- All Promo cards (Elite Tauren Chieftain and Gelbin Mekkatorque)
- All replacement cards for former Classic cards that were been Hall of Famed
All former Basic cards (except Demon Hunter cards), Reward cards, and Promo cards can also be used in Classic format, while the replacement cards and all Demon Hunter cards cannot, since they did not appear in 2014.
How to get
- All Legacy cards with Free rarity are automatically obtained after the player unlocks the Wild format (which means completes the Ranked system for new players).
- All Legacy cards with other rarites can be obtained through crafting only, with the according Arcane Dust cost.
Legacy cards are represented by a watermark which was used for Hall of Fame cards (swirl in the center surrounded with an 8-point star).
|Release date:||March 14, 2014|
Expert1 is a set that contains all the Classic cards from 2014, including Classic cards that were moved to the Hall of Fame over time. In gameplay, Expert1 is named Legacy, the same name as the true Legacy set described above. It used to be named Classic.
As a representation of the true original Classic cards, all Expert1 cards can also be used in Classic format.
How to get
All Expert1 cards can be obtained through Classic card packs, or through crafting with the according Arcane Dust cost.
- There has not been a plan for original Core cards that may rotate in the future, aside from the initial solution to just put them into the Legacy set.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): All Basic and Classic cards are moved to the proper sets. Legacy cards now have Hall of Fame watermark.
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Added. However, both soon-to-be Legacy and Expert1 cards have the same Classic watermark.
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)