- "There was a time, long ago, when I fell under the influence of treachery and darkness. I now go into battle redeemed by the purifying power of the Light! I am Lady Liadrin, and when I shine the Light's wrath upon you, there will be nowhere to hide."
- For the collectible card in Ashes of Outland set, see .
Lady Liadrin is the leader of the order. Once a priestess of the Light, she became an errant paladin and seized power from the naaru after the Scourge destroyed her homeland of Quel'Thalas. She eventually sought redemption for her people, once more embracing the energies of the Sunwell, and now stands as a bitter enemy of the Burning Legion.
- Lady Liadrin (pronounced /liːɑːdrin/) is the matriarch of the Blood Knights, Silvermoon's order of blood elf paladins. Once a high priestess of the Light, Liadrin became disillusioned with her faith after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas, and spent the following years honing her martial prowess against the undead occupying the Ghostlands. When M'uru was shipped to Silvermoon by the elven scion, Liadrin was summoned by Grand Magister Rommath to partake in a radical idea the magi had devised: the empowerment of Light-wielding warriors by siphoning the captive naaru's holy energies.
- Contemptuous of the Light's failure to protect her homeland in its hour of greatest need, Liadrin volunteered herself for this notion, and thus became the first of the Blood Knights, an order she rules to this day. Following Kael'thas' betrayal, Liadrin sought redemption for her people; and with the revitalization of the Sunwell, she has rekindled a far more harmonious relationship with the Light. Liadrin, though called zealous, arrogant, and short-tempered by some, has always led her order with strength and conviction; and after fighting to rid Quel'Thalas of the Scourge, Liadrin now seeks the utter destruction of its progenitor, the Burning Legion. In her eyes, the Legion's downfall is all that matters.
- "My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled. In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done. Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all. But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought. It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people. It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness." - Lady Liadrin
How to get
Lady Liadrin is currently available for obtaining.
- Lady Liadrin can be obtained for free by raising a character to level 20 in World of Warcraft.
- Raising any character to level 20 will result in the completion of the related achievement. This includes new characters and characters which were created prior to the promotion; creating a new character is not required. For example, raising a character that was previously at level 19 to level 20 will complete the achievement. However, Character Boosts will not count toward the achievement.
- Unlocking Lady Liadrin is not region-sensitive - unlocking her in World of Warcraft in any region should unlock her in all Hearthstone regions for that account.
- Lady Liadrin is not awarded retroactively; players who already have one or more characters at or above level 20 in World of Warcraft must still raise a further character to level 20 in order to obtain the hero.
- This promotion is free, and does not require any purchase to complete. Characters can be raised to level 20 using the game's Starter Edition, without spending any money.
- It is not possible to purchase Liadrin, either with gold or real money.
- Main article: Alternate heroes
- Comes with own portrait
- Has custom emotes
- Has custom tray
When viewed in the Collection, Lady Liadrin has the following flavor text:
Since the restoration of the Sunwell, the Blood Knight Matriarch's mood seems, well, sunnier! Obtained by reaching level 20 on a new character in World of Warcraft.
|Concede||▶️Your win, friend. I concede.|
|Error: Too many minions||▶️I have too many minions.|
|Error: Generic||▶️I cannot do that.|
|Error: Hand already full||▶️My hand is full!|
|Error: Hero already attacked||▶️I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||▶️Give that minion a turn to get ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||▶️That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||▶️I don't have enough Mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||▶️I need a weapon.|
|Error: Can't target Stealthed minion||▶️I can't play that.|
|Error: Can't play that card||▶️I can't target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Not a valid target||▶️That's not a valid target.|
|Error: Must attack Taunt minion||▶️I must attack the minion with Taunt.|
|Emote: Greetings [Fire Festival]||▶️Happy Fire Festival.|
|Emote: Greetings||▶️Hello, challenger.|
|Emote: Greetings [Mirror]||▶️Hello.|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy Halloween]||▶️Happy Hallow's End.|
|Almost out of cards||▶️I'm almost out of cards!|
|Emote: Greetings [Lunar New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Start [Mirror]||▶️Holy fire is my middle name.|
|Unused: Greetings [Happy Noblegarden]||▶️Happy Noblegarden.|
|Out of cards||▶️I'm out of cards!|
|Emote: Oops||▶️An error, to be sure.|
|Unused: Greetings [Pirate Day]||▶️Yar. I be taking your treasure now.|
|▶️My blade burns with holy fire!|
|Emote: Thanks||▶️My sincerest thanks.|
|▶️Should I... Hmm..|
|Emote: Threaten||▶️You will pay for that, cur!|
|Running out of time||▶️Let's move!|
|Emote: Well Played||▶️Well played.|
|Emote: Greetings [Holidays]||▶️Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Emote: Wow||▶️That is incredible!|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Selection in Choose Your Hero||▶️I will serve! For Shattrath.|
|Good game||Good game.|
- Blood elves normally have green eyes, but Liadrin has yellow eyes.
- Liadrin was the first alternate hero not to come with their own card back.
- Lady Liadrin's original opening remark was "My hammer burns with holy fire!". This often confused players who noted that she wields a sword and not a hammer. Ben Brode explained that paladins are well-known for using incorporeal hammers, as in the paladin spell , or Hammer of Justice and Hammer of the Righteous in World of Warcraft. Despite this, Liadrin's opening remark was eventually changed to say "blade" rather than "hammer".
- Lady Liadrin is also depicted in the art for , a card which was part of the game's original set, long before Liadrin herself was added. She is shown tearing up the tabard of House Sunstrider, which she renounced in order to join the Shattered Sun Offensive, whose tabard she is shown wearing.
- Lady Liadrin says: I see it clearly now. I renounce my loyalties to House Sunstrider and its false prince.
- Lady Liadrin says: I pledge the blades of my Blood Knights to the defeat of Kil'jaeden and the restoration of Silvermoon.
- Lady Liadrin says: We will fight beside you, A'dal.
- A'dal says: The Shattered Sun Offensive will surely benefit from the addition of your knights, Lady Liadrin.
- General Tiras'alan walks over to Lady Liadrin as A'dal speaks to give her a Tabard of the Shattered Sun, which she puts on.
- A'dal says: The battle for the Sunwell is but the first step on your new path, Lady Liadrin. Shattrath is open to you and all who follow you.
- A New Hearthstone Hero Has Come to Light! (2016-03-14)