- "There was a time, long ago, when I fell under the influence of treachery and darkness. I now go into battle redeemed by the purifying power of the Light! I am Lady Liadrin, and when I shine the Light's wrath upon you, there will be nowhere to hide."
- For the minion card in Ashes of Outland set, see Lady Liadrin (minion).
Background[edit | edit source]
Lady Liadrin is the leader of the Blood Knight order. Once a priestess of the Light, she became an errant paladin and seized power from the naaru after the Scourge destroyed her homeland of Quel'Thalas. She eventually sought redemption for her people, once more embracing the energies of the Sunwell, and now stands as a bitter enemy of the Burning Legion.
- Lady Liadrin (pronounced /liːɑːdrin/) is the matriarch of the Blood Knights, Silvermoon's order of blood elf paladins. Once a high priestess of the Light, Liadrin became disillusioned with her faith after the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas, and spent the following years honing her martial prowess against the undead occupying the Ghostlands. When M'uru was shipped to Silvermoon by the elven scion, Liadrin was summoned by Grand Magister Rommath to partake in a radical idea the magi had devised: the empowerment of Light-wielding warriors by siphoning the captive naaru's holy energies.
- Contemptuous of the Light's failure to protect her homeland in its hour of greatest need, Liadrin volunteered herself for this notion, and thus became the first of the Blood Knights, an order she rules to this day. Following Kael'thas' betrayal, Liadrin sought redemption for her people; and with the revitalization of the Sunwell, she has rekindled a far more harmonious relationship with the Light. Liadrin, though called zealous, arrogant, and short-tempered by some, has always led her order with strength and conviction; and after fighting to rid Quel'Thalas of the Scourge, Liadrin now seeks the utter destruction of its progenitor, the Burning Legion. In her eyes, the Legion's downfall is all that matters.
- "My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled. In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done. Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all. But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought. It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people. It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness." - Lady Liadrin
How to get[edit | edit source]
Lady Liadrin can be obtained for free by raising a character to level 20 in World of Warcraft. Once unlocked the player can choose to use Lady Liadrin in place of Uther Lightbringer when playing with a paladin deck.
Raising any character to level 20 will result in the completion of the related achievement. This includes new characters and characters which were created prior to the promotion; creating a new character is not required. For example, raising a character that was previously at level 19 to level 20 will complete the achievement. However, Character Boosts will not count toward the achievement.
Note that Lady Liadrin is not awarded retroactively; players who already have one or more characters at or above level 20 in World of Warcraft must still raise a further character to level 20 in order to obtain the hero.
This promotion is free, and does not require any purchase to complete. Characters can be raised to level 20 using the game's Starter Edition, without spending any money.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Once unlocked and selected for use, Lady Liadrin replaces Uther Lightbringer whenever playing with a paladin deck. Lady Liadrin comes with her own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using Lady Liadrin's Hero Power, Reinforce.
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
Flavor text[edit | edit source]
When viewed in the Collection, Lady Liadrin has the following flavor text:
- Since the restoration of the Sunwell, the Blood Knight Matriarch's mood seems, well, sunnier!
Obtained by reaching level 20 on a new character in World of Warcraft.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||My sincerest thanks.|
|Well played||Well played.|
|Wow||That is incredible!|
|Oops||An error, to be sure.|
|Threaten||You will pay for that, cur!|
|Concede||Your win, friend. I concede.|
|Opening remark||My blade burns with holy fire!|
|Mirror start||Holy fire is my middle name.|
|Thinking ||Options, options...|
|Thinking ||Should I... Hmm..|
|Running out of time||Let's move!|
|Almost out of cards||I'm almost out of cards!|
|Out of cards||I'm out of cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||I have too many minions.|
|Error: Generic||I cannot do that.|
|Error: Hand already full||My hand is full!|
|Error: Hero already attacked||I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||Give that minion a turn to get ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I don't have enough Mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||I need a weapon.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I can't play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||I can't target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Not a valid target||That's not a valid target.|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||I must attack the minion with Taunt.|
|Selection in Arena||I will serve! For Shattrath.|
|Lunar New Year Greetings||Hello, challenger.|
|Winter Veil Greetings||Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||The Light shines this day!|
|Pirate's Day Greetings||The Light shines this day!|
Unused[edit | edit source]
|Good game||Good game.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blood elves normally have green eyes, but Liadrin has yellow eyes.
- Liadrin was the first alternate hero not to come with their own card back.
- Lady Liadrin's original opening remark was "My hammer burns with holy fire!". This often confused players who noted that she wields a sword and not a hammer. Ben Brode explained that paladins are well-known for using incorporeal hammers, as in the paladin spell Hammer of Wrath, or Hammer of Justice and Hammer of the Righteous in World of Warcraft. Despite this, Liadrin's opening remark was eventually changed to say "blade" rather than "hammer".
- Lady Liadrin is also depicted in the art for Shattered Sun Cleric, a card which was part of the game's original set, long before Liadrin herself was added. She is shown tearing up the tabard of House Sunstrider, which she renounced in order to join the Shattered Sun Offensive, whose tabard she is shown wearing.
- Lady Liadrin says: I see it clearly now. I renounce my loyalties to House Sunstrider and its false prince.
- Lady Liadrin says: I pledge the blades of my Blood Knights to the defeat of Kil'jaeden and the restoration of Silvermoon.
- Lady Liadrin says: We will fight beside you, A'dal.
- A'dal says: The Shattered Sun Offensive will surely benefit from the addition of your knights, Lady Liadrin.
- General Tiras'alan walks over to Lady Liadrin as A'dal speaks to give her a Tabard of the Shattered Sun, which she puts on.
- A'dal says: The battle for the Sunwell is but the first step on your new path, Lady Liadrin. Shattrath is open to you and all who follow you.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown patch: Opening remark changed from "My hammer burns with holy fire!" to "My blade burns with holy fire!".
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Wow emote added. Sorry emote no longer available.
- Patch 126.96.36.19951 (2016-03-14): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- A New Hearthstone Hero Has Come to Light! (2016-03-14)