|Set:||Forged in the Barrens|
Kurtrus fled the Black Temple, abandoning Illidan's cause, to seek revenge against the Dreadlord Anetheron.
CLASS=14 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=1 RARITY=5 CARDTYPE=4 COST=4 ATK=3 HEALTH=4 BATTLECRY=1 OUTCAST=1 IMMUNE=1
- For other representations of Kurtrus, see Kurtrus Ashfallen (disambiguation).
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1|
|Run||Completing an Arena or Heroic Duels run||Regular||1|
- If opponent has only one minion on their board, Kurtrus Ashfallen will attack it twice.
Along with whatever aggro chaff on the left and right, Kurtrus can take down any 6-health, (or any 7-health if you have your Power ready). So against aggro and control are viable. Remember you also don't need Outcast to launch this minion, provided you can tolerate whatever damage you take.
|Gameplay - Barrens - Demon Hunter||To the Left-Mooost! To the Waaall!||Destroy 30 minions with Kurtrus Ashfallen.||20|
|Gameplay - Stormwind - Demon Hunter||Vengeance Doesn't Come Cheap||Reduce the cost of cards by 250 using Kurtrus and his Questline.||10|
|Gameplay - Stormwind - Demon Hunter||Vengeance Doesn't Come Cheap||Reduce the cost of cards by 500 using Kurtrus and his Questline.||10|
|Gameplay - Stormwind - Demon Hunter||Vengeance Doesn't Come Cheap||Reduce the cost of cards by 1000 using Kurtrus and his Questline.||20|
|Adventures - Books - Book of Mercenaries||Awake||Complete Kurtrus's story in the Book of Mercenaries.||30 , Warlock Card Pack|
|Game Modes - Battlegrounds - Kurtrus Ashfallen||Ashfallen in Love With You||Play a game of Battlegrounds as Kurtrus Ashfallen.||10|
|Game Modes - Battlegrounds - Kurtrus Ashfallen||Ashfallen in Love With You||Finish in top 4 as Kurtrus Ashfallen.||10|
|Game Modes - Battlegrounds - Kurtrus Ashfallen||Ashfallen in Love With You||Finish in 1st place as Kurtrus Ashfallen.||20|
|Gameplay - Alterac Valley - Demon Hunter||Smash that Fury Button||Use your Hero Power 7 times in one turn as Kurtrus, Demon-Render.||20|
Kurtrus Ashfallen is unique to Hearthstone. He is one of the ten mercenaries introduced in Forged in the Barrens.
- An angry outcast seeking vengeance…
- For many years, Kurtrus lived modestly, tending a moonwell and caring for his young family. Then, during the Third War, the dreadlord Tichondrius used the Skull of Gul’dan to corrupt Kurtrus’s serene forest into the Felwood. The brother of Tichondrius, Anetheron, led demon armies to clear out the night elves who had resisted the corruption. Only Kurtrus survived the slaughter.
- Illidan took in outcasts like Kurtrus, forging them into his elite demon hunters – the Illidari. Kurtrus sacrificed everything to join them. But Kurtrus had a vision. He saw Anetheron. The dreadlord was still alive, biding his time in the , waiting to return. Kurtrus saw a warlock in Kalimdor determined to summon Anetheron to Azeroth.
- Now, Kurtrus has abandoned Illidan. Stripped of his armor and warglaives, he travels to the Barrens on a personal quest for vengeance, to stop the warlock, before it is too late…
- Server-side patch (2021-04-05): Now attacks twice on an enemy minion if it is the only one on opponent's board.
- Patch 18.104.22.168662 (2021-03-25): Added.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2021-04-06). Meet the Mercenaries. PlayHearthstone. Retrieved on 2021-04-08.