|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify cost, Set attribute|
The Kirin Tor reside in the floating city of Dalaran. How do you make a Dalaran float? Two scoops of ice cream, one scoop of Dalaran.
How to get
|Kirin Tor Mage||100||20|
|Golden Kirin Tor Mage||800||100|
- Regular Kirin Tor Mage could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player: this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus. This enchantment sets the mana cost of Secret cards in your hand to 0, but wears off as soon as you play a Secret or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
- Example: If you have two mage Secrets in hand and play Kirin Tor Mage, both Secret cards will show to cost 0 mana; however, after you play the first Secret for 0 mana, the second one will display and cost 3 mana.
- Example: If you play a Kirin Tor Mage and immediately after a Kabal Lackey, Secret cards in tour hand will show to cost 0 mana; however, after you play the first Secret for 0 mana, if you have other mage Secrets in your hand they will display and cost 3 mana. However, if you play Kirin Tor Mage, then a Secret for 0 mana, and only after that you play Kabal Lackey, you can play a second Secret for 0 mana that turn.
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
- Example: If you play Kirin Tor Mage the turn after your opponent played Loatheb, the next Secret you play will cost 0; however, subsequent Secrets you play that turn will have their mana cost increased by 5, as well as any non-Secret spell you play that same turn.
Kirin Tor Mage is best used in a deck that has many Secrets. Since all mage Secrets cost 3 mana, you essentially receive a free 4/3 minion whenever you pair this card with a Secret.
- ▶️We have many secrets.
- ▶️For Dalaran.
- ▶️<death sound>
- The Kirin Tor is the elite conclave that leads the magical nation of Dalaran, one of the seven human kingdoms. Its members are some of the most powerful magi of Azeroth. Once a secretive and selective order of magi that kept aloof from ordinary politics, the Kirin Tor has since become one of the foremost factions standing against the threats posed to Azeroth's survival - among them the Scourge, the Blue Dragonflight, the Iron Horde, and the Burning Legion.
- The Kirin Tor were members of the original Alliance of Lordaeron, and sided with the Grand Alliance toward the end of the Alliance-Horde war, eventually returning to neutrality. They have also upheld an alliance with Silvermoon for over 2,000 years, the elven kingdom's crown prince (and others) having served on the Council of Six. The Six lead the Kirin Tor as its governmental body.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Kara Vesstal.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Now has 4 Attack (Up from 3).