|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
The best defense against King Krush is to have someone you don’t like standing in front of you.
- For the Saviors of Uldum uncollectible version, see King Krush (Dinotamer Brann).
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden King Krush||3200||1600|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Regular King Krush (Core) is obtained for raising hunter to level 10.
Golden King Krush (Core) is obtained for winning 500 games as hunter.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
- Regular King Krush could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Legend in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (10/10) achievement).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is useful near the end of a match as a fast burn to the opposing hero, allowing the hunter to quickly finish a weakened opponent. In this role it is comparable to Pyroblast, but has the benefit of also leaving an 8/8 on the field. Because of this King Krush is also valid as a non-finishing play, in case the opponent is unable to remove it, or in order to trade with a large enemy minion.
Since King Krush has Charge and high Health, he will tend to go at least 2-for-1, being able to down a strong minion or inflict a lot of damage, whilst requiring a removal effect to get him off the field, with his massive damage output making him a soft taunt even when his Health is lowered.
In the role of finisher King Krush is usually outclassed by Leeroy Jenkins, whose lower mana cost allows the hunter to also use Steady Shot that turn, producing the same total damage for 2 mana less. Krush can still fill this role in a pinch, though, and is superior for non-finishing plays.
King Kruth's Beast tag allows him to be targeted by Beast synergy effects, particularly ones that can get around his high mana cost like Kathrena Winterwisp, Scarlet Webweaver, and Beastmaster Leoroxx.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
Lore[edit | edit source]
- King Krush is a huge, extremely dangerous and rare devilsaur that stalks Sholazar Basin. His unique appearance and elite status attract many hunters seeking the challenge of taming the great beast, while the prestige associated with slaying him attracts members of all classes and factions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- King Krush's "dinosauric appearance" summoning animation is likely a reference to the film Jurassic Park, in which a Tyrannosaurus Rex's approaching footsteps cause the earth to shake and tremble.
- The card art is from the WoW TCG card "The Fare of Lar'korwi" and is supposed to depict Lar'korwi. However, the art mis-depicts the ravasaur as a devilsaur, making the final art closer to the World of Warcraft appearance of King Krush than that of Lar'korwi, albeit blue instead of King Krush's original green.