|Abilities:||Combo, Return to hand|
He just wants people to see his vacation photos.
How to get
- Regular Kidnapper could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
Kidnapper's combo grants the ability to return a minion to its owner hand, similar to that of the popular rogue spell Sap, but with the added value of returning any minion (as opposed to only enemy minions).
However, Kidnapper's high cost makes this combo difficult. It was likely designed as a late game threat removal to finish a game by returning an enemy minion with taunt. But with its rarity, high mana cost and mediocre minion stats, it sees very little use in decks, outside of the Arena.
- ▶️I usually work alone.
- ▶️Come here.
- ▶️<death sound>
- At one point in the game's alpha, Kidnapper cost 5 mana. Ben Brode described it as "hyper frustrating".
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card "Eyeball" Jones.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.20640 (April or May 2013): Now costs 6 mana (Up from 5).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-10-30).