- For Khadgar's other appearances, see Khadgar (disambiguation).
- The Archmage Khadgar is a well-known hero to the denizens of Azeroth! Once Medivh’s apprentice, now he’s renowned as one of the most powerful Mages in history! Whether battling against shadowy councils, or holding the line against unwelcome iron incursions, Khadgar is always a staunch guardian of Azeroth and the entities that call it home.
- Khadgar is perhaps the most accomplished of all living wizards and one of the most powerful magi in Azerothian history. He was an apprentice to the Guardian Medivh, until he helped defeat his possessed master. Though cursed with frailty and age, Khadgar nevertheless has been an exemplar for the Alliance, destroying the Dark Portal in the Second War, leading the Alliance Expedition to Draenor, and counterattacking against the Burning Legion and all who would threaten his world with annihilation.
- While a hero of the Alliance, Khadgar is willing to work with the Horde for the greater good of Azeroth. As a member of the Council of Six, Khadgar hopes to drive the politics out of the Kirin Tor, and has been known to clash with the more partisan members of the council.
- During the events of Warlords of Draenor, Khadgar leads the forces of the Alliance and the Horde to shut down the Dark Portal in Draenor, and later works with them to cripple the Iron Horde in various areas of the world. He also focuses heavily on combating Gul'dan and the Shadow Council.
How to get
Khadgar is available for purchase from May 11 to May 25, 2021.
|$ 9.99||€ 9.99||£ 8.99||$ ---|
On April 14, 2016, Patch 22.214.171.12466 released Khadgar as part of an iOS-only "Apps For Earth" promotion, with 100% of proceeds going to the World Wildlife Fund. From April 14th 2016 to April 24th 2016, Khadgar was available for the following prices, notably lower than those for other alternate heroes:
|$ 4.99||€ 4.99||£ 3.99||$ 7.99|
During this initial release, Khadgar could only be purchased using an iOS device, but once purchased Khadgar could be used when playing on any device.
In a later promotion in China, Khadgar was offered for playing Heroes of the Storm.
From February 26th 2020 to March 4th 2020, Khadgar returned to the store in Patch 126.96.36.199174, available for purchase by all players across all platforms, for the prices listed below:
|$ 9.99||€ 9.99||£ 8.99||$ ---|
Once unlocked and selected for use, Khadgar is used as the hero whenever playing with a mage deck. Khadgar comes with his own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using his Hero Power, Fireblast.
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
When viewed in the Collection, Khadgar has the following flavor text:
- His statue in Stormwind reflects his heroism, not his ego.
- Khadgar was available as a special promotion in April 2016.
|Attack ||▶️For Azeroth!|
|Emote: Greetings||▶️Greetings, fellow seeker of truth.|
|Emote: Well Played||▶️Well played.|
|Emote: Oops||▶️Oh my. Oops.|
|Emote: Threaten||▶️Time for a lesson, insolent pup!|
|Emote: Thanks||▶️Thank you, my friend.|
|Unused: Sorry||▶️Oh, dear. Sorry.|
|Concede||▶️Well done. You win.|
|Start||▶️Knowledge is power.|
|Running out of time||▶️Look at the time!|
|Thinking ||▶️Observe and reflect...|
|Thinking ||▶️There must be a way...|
|Almost out of cards||▶️I'm almost out of cards.|
|Out of cards||▶️I'm out of cards!|
|Error: Need a weapon||▶️I need a weapon.|
|Error: Not enough mana||▶️I don't have enough Mana.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||▶️That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||▶️I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||▶️Give that minion a turn to get ready.|
|Error: Hand already full||▶️My hand is too full!|
|Error: Too many minions||▶️I have too many minions.|
|Error: Can't target Stealthed minion||▶️I cannot target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Can't play that card||▶️I can't play that.|
|Error: Not a valid target||▶️That's not a valid target.|
|Error: Must attack Taunt minion||▶️A minion with Taunt is in the way.|
|Error: Generic||▶️I cannot do that.|
|Emote: Greetings [Lunar New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Start [Mirror]||▶️May we learn much together.|
|Emote: Greetings [Holidays]||▶️Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy New Year]||▶️Happy New Happy New Year!|
|Emote: Greetings [Fire Festival]||▶️Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Unused: Greetings [Pirate Day]||▶️We celebrate... sea criminals today?|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy Halloween]||▶️Happy Hallow's End.|
|Unused: Greetings [Happy Noblegarden]||▶️Happy Noblegarden!|
|Emote: Greetings [Mirror]||▶️May we find what we seek.|
|Selection in Choose Your Hero||▶️Wisdom is greater than strength.|
Unused, no sound
|Good game||Well, now. This was a good game!|
Khadgar was released on April 14, 2016, in Patch 188.8.131.5266, as part of an iOS-only "Apps For Earth" promotion, with 100% of proceeds going to the World Wildlife Fund.
Due to coordination issues, the accompanying patch was released on iOS prior to other platforms, resulting in some problems for those trying to play with the hero. Because of the way the game handles players using different patch versions, those who had logged in with an updated client on iOS were then unable to log in on other platforms, due to the patch not yet being available except on iOS. In addition, players who had updated were unable to be matched against opponents who had not yet updated to the upcoming patch. This behaviour is normal for patch updates, but was notable in this case due to the patch being unavailable on most platforms, with a relatively long delay before full release.
The problem was resolved with the release of the patch on other platforms around 10 hours later.
Khadgar returned to the store in Patch 184.108.40.206174, available for purchase by all players from February 26th, 2020 until March 4th.
Purchasing Khadgar unlocks the following card back. This card back was also given to all players who had obtained Khadgar previously.
- Patch 220.127.116.1119 (2016-07-12): Khadgar's portrait now has a drop shadow.
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24):
- Wow emote added. Sorry emote no longer available.
- No longer available for purchase.
- Patch 22.214.171.12466 (2016-04-14): Added.
- Khadgar Comes to the Tavern! (2016-04-14)