- For other representations of Kel'Thuzad, see Kel'Thuzad (disambiguation).
Kel'Thuzad is the final and main boss in the Naxxramas raid. As an undead lich and a powerful necromancer, Kel'Thuzad has the ability to bring creatures back from the dead. He first appeared in Hearthstone as the antagonist of the Curse of Naxxramas adventure.
In Curse of Naxxramas
- The archlich known as Kel’Thuzad sits at the seat of power within Naxxramas, coordinating the normally mindless Scourge into a fighting force for the Lich King. In his mortal days, Kel’Thuzad was once a powerful human mage and high-ranking member of the Kirin Tor, working under the great Archmage Antonidas, leader of the Kirin Tor at the time. The Kirin Tor had a wealth of secrets and knowledge at their disposal, and Kel’Thuzad spent countless hours devouring every bit of knowledge he could get his hands on—even the darkest and most unthinkable of arcane arts, such as necromancy. He became increasingly more reclusive and shunned by his peers the further he delved into forbidden magic.
- The Lich King sought out Azeroth’s most powerful and ambitious individuals to bend to his will, sending out a mental summons to those he thought could easily be swayed by the promise of power. Kel’Thuzad was the first to answer the Lich King’s call. He saw the power the Lich King held over the undead and desired such power for his own, so he offered his services as a mage to the Lich King in whatever manner he desired. After a long, tortured journey to the frozen wastes of Northrend, Kel’Thuzad knelt at the feet of the Lich King and offered him not just his loyalty, but his soul as well.
- "As my lieutenant, you will gain knowledge and magic to surpass your most ambitious dreams. But in return, living or dead, you will serve me for the rest of your days. If you betray me, I shall make you into one of my mindless ones, and you will serve me still.”
- The Lich King’s words were both a threat and a promise. Kel’Thuzad would become his lieutenant, carrying out the Lich King’s whims, but in return he would gain power beyond his wildest dreams. Kel’Thuzad accepted these terms… as if he had much of a choice in the matter.
In World of Warcraft
- Kel'Thuzad was once a human mage of the Kirin Tor. He went on to become the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King responsible for the spreading of the plague of undeath across Lordaeron. After bringing the plague to Lordaeron, he was slain by the paladin Arthas. When Arthas became a death knight, he resurrected Kel'Thuzad as a lich so he could summon Archimonde the Defiler into Azeroth. Following Arthas' departure for Northrend, Kel'Thuzad was left to command the Scourge of Lordaeron from his necropolis, Naxxramas. Following his first defeat, he and his necropolis moved to Northrend.
How to get
Kel'Thuzad is currently unavailable for obtaining.
- Kel'Thuzad (hero) could be obtained through Scholomance Academy Pre-order Mega Bundle, available for purchase from July 14 to August 6, 2020.
USD EUR GBP AUD $79.99 €79.99 £69.99
- Main article: Alternate heroes
- Comes with own portrait
- Has custom emotes
- Has custom tray
When viewed in the Collection, Kel'Thuzad has the following flavor text:
From Archmage to Archlich, Kel’Thuzad defies convention. Conventions like, “staying alive” or “being nice.”
|Trigger: Blizzard||▶️I will freeze the blood in your veins!|
|Trigger: Cone of Cold||▶️Your soul is bound to me now!|
|Trigger: Deep Freeze||▶️Hold that thought…|
|Trigger: Evocation||▶️Long years I have studied…|
|Trigger: Font of Power||▶️Warriors of the frozen wastes, rise up!|
|Trigger: Frost Nova||▶️Try to be patient…|
|Trigger: Frostbolt||▶️<maniacal cackle>|
|Attack ||▶️The end is upon you!|
|Emote: Greetings||▶️Greetings from the cold dark.|
|Emote: Well Played||▶️Well done, interloper.|
|Emote: Oops||▶️A distraction?|
|Emote: Threaten||▶️The dark void awaits you.|
|Emote: Thanks||▶️Thank you.|
|Unused: Sorry||▶️Dreadfully sorry.|
|Concede||▶️Victory is yours.|
|Start||▶️Your curiosity will be the end of you.|
|Running out of time||▶️Time works against me!|
|Thinking ||▶️All in due time.|
|Almost out of cards||▶️I am low on cards.|
|Out of cards||▶️Out of cards!|
|Error: Need a weapon||▶️I need a weapon…|
|Error: Not enough mana||▶️Not enough mana.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||▶️It cannot attack again.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||▶️I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||▶️It is not ready yet.|
|Error: Hand already full||▶️Too many cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||▶️My cult cannot recruit more!|
|Error: Can't target Stealthed minion||▶️That one hides from my gaze.|
|Error: Can't play that card||▶️It is beyond me.|
|Error: Not a valid target||▶️I can't target that.|
|Error: Must attack Taunt minion||▶️I need to attack the one that's taunting me.|
|Selection in Choose Your Hero||▶️Obey the call!|
|Emote: Greetings [Lunar New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Start [Mirror]||▶️Too late.|
|Emote: Greetings [Holidays]||▶️Winter is my favorite--the cold, the snow, the ill-gotten gifts!|
|Emote: Wow||▶️Undeniable power!|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy New Year]||▶️Happy New Year!|
|Emote: Greetings [Fire Festival]||▶️Why is everyone waving fire around? Can they STOP?|
|Unused: Greetings [Pirate Day]||▶️With a face like this, I be my own jolly roger.|
|Emote: Greetings [Happy Halloween]||▶️So many Hallow's End costumes! I can't tell which lich is which!|
|Unused: Greetings [Happy Noblegarden]||▶️Who swapped my phylactery with an egg?! Was it YOU?|
|Emote: Greetings [Mirror]||▶️Ah, my favorite place!|
|Start Prince Arthas||▶️You hold so much promise.|
|Start Jaina Proudmoore||▶️You're still on the wrong side, Jaina.|
|Start Sylvanas Windrunner||▶️So you are still fighting...|
- Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis (official blog). (2014-07-03).