|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Wiki tags:||In-hand effect, Ongoing effect, Secret-related|
|Artist:||L. Lullabi & K. Turovec|
"Listen, I can cut you in on a little of this premium mana, but you can't tell my boss."
How to get
|Kabal Crystal Runner||100||20|
|Golden Kabal Crystal Runner||800||100|
- The mana cost of this card is reduced by 2 for each time the controlling player has played a Secret that game.
- The cost reduction of this card is not dependent on the card being in the player's hand or deck or even on the card existing at the time the Secret was played.
- Secrets put into play by effects like Mad Scientist's Deathrattle or Mysterious Challenger's Battlecry are not counted for this minion's effect, only Secrets played directly from the hand.
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap.
- This card has an in-hand effect: it modifies its own mana cost only while in the player's hand, and not while the card is anywhere else.
Kabal Crystal Runner can usually be found in Mage decks running Secrets. Her cost reduction requires only 3 Secrets to be played to be a free drop. Even with only one Secret ever being played, her stats are slightly better than those of Chillwind Yeti, making her a reasonable play. However, without Secrets she is an expensive and plain mid-size minion, making it wise to wait before playing her.
Can be played on tempo (and ideally on an empty field) on Turn 4 after a Turn 3 Effigy, possibly forcing your opponent to trade weaker minions into it and give you another 6-drop.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.