|Set:||United in Stormwind|
"So there I was in the Deadmines, I had VanCleef by the throat, and I was just about to let him have it when... <sniff> What's that smell?"
How to get
Ignite can be obtained by:
- Opening card packs
- Crafting regular version for 400 dust
- Crafting golden version for 1600 dust
- Completing an Arena or Heroic Duels run
- Opening the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of season (Regular only)
- Completing Climbing the Ranks achievements (Regular only)
Category Name Description Rewards Game Modes - Ranked - Climbing the Ranks Reach Platinum 10 in Ranked (any format). 30 , Random Recent Expansion Epic Card Game Modes - Ranked - Climbing the Ranks Reach Diamond 10 in Ranked (any format). 40 , Random Recent Expansion Epic Card
- The blast impact becomes bigger the more damage Ignite is dealt.
- Ignite's base damage is permanently increased by 1 after used.
At its base, Ignite does below average damage for its mana cost. However, it becomes much stronger over time the more it's being used in which it become much stronger than Fireball and Pyroblast at 2 mana.
It also eliminates the ability to get into fatigue as it gets shuffled back into the deck allowing you to draw it on the next turn. However Tickatus or Gnomeferatu can break the unlimited Ignite value.
Ignite is best used in a one-turn kill based deck with cards such as Sorcerer's Apprentice and Sanctum Chandler as Sanctum Chandler effect will trigger after Ignite is shuffled into the deck. With double Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ignite is free of cost and can be cast as many time as it wants within the allocated time for that turn which results in instant death. Should Ignite not be drawn, cards like Hot Streak, First Flame can easily get to Ignites
Ignite can be used in a spell-based deck due to its cheap mana cost and can be empowered by Sorcerer's Gambit questline. It can also benefit from Hot Streak setting its cost to 0. Because of the unlimited generation, it can be used to activate Grand Magus Antonidus conditional effect.
|Gameplay - Stormwind - Mage||BBQ Broiler||Deal 10 damage with a single cast of Ignite.||20|
- Both Ignite and Sorcerer's Gambit have similar pictures.
- Ignite is the second card to prevent fatigue by shuffling itself back into the deck. Jade Idol was the first.
- Patch 188.8.131.52998 (2021-07-27): Added.