This is Rank 1. Rank 2 is Chocolate Milk Barrier.
RARITY=1 CLASS=4 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=3 CARDTYPE=5 FACTION=3 251=1 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0 SECRET=1 SPELL_SCHOOL=3
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
Two copies of golden Ice Barrier (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as mage.
- Ice Barrier takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- The effect will still add Armor even if the attacker is redirected or is otherwise neutralized before completing combat.
- This Secret is only triggered when physically attacked by another character. This includes minions and the enemy hero.
- Damaging spells and abilities, and damaging effects from card text or Battlecries on cards such as , will not trigger the Secret.
is a useful Wild format minion in a deck with Ice Barrier and other Secrets so that you can more reliably get Ice Barrier into play.
Ice Barrier is a mage spell which creates a protective barrier around the mage, absorbing damage and preventing pushback from damaging attacks while it holds. It was a staple defensive spell for Frost mages before being made into a class-wide talent with Mists of Pandaria. Unlike Hearthstone's version, the spell is not triggered by an attack, but can be cast on cooldown, and is generally kept active as much of the time as possible when in combat.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Frost Ward.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 18.104.22.168662 (2021-03-25): Now has Frost spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 22.214.171.12414 (2016-07-14) (approximate): Trigger timing changed to "proposed attack" event, causing it to activate in order of play related to other secrets like Misdirection, rather than always afterward.
- Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Phrasing changed from "As soon as your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor." to "When your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor."