|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Tags:||Dual-class, Random, Targeted|
Choose an enemy minion. It attacks random minions until it dies.
"My mount and I share a special connection. Just not a good one."
How to get[edit | edit source]
Hysteria can be obtained through Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Hysteria can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the potential for an infinite loop, the chosen minion has a hard-coded limit of 30 attacks.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Hysteria presents Priest and Warlock with a powerful removal tool. So long as the board state allows it, Hysteria can clear a minion or two as well as the minion targeted. It is usually best to play this from behind on the board, as it allows the caster to clear a little of the opponent's board. The main targets will either be valuable minions that the player needs to kill as soon as possible or the largest minion on the board.
You can also cast Hysteria after summoning a minion, effectively giving the minion you just played Rush.
Minions retain their abilities while under Hysteria's effect. This makes Poisonous minions a major threat, or can turn the effects of cards like Twilight Runner and Neferset Thrasher into massive downsides.
History[edit | edit source]
Prior to Patch 126.96.36.199661, Hysteria could target both enemy and friendly minions. In Wild, it enabled a very effective OTK with Wretched Tiller, Deathspeaker, and Shrinkmeister. Targeting the Immune Wretched Tiller with 0 Attack would force it to attack 30 times, dealing 60 damage. Since the animation was incredibly long, this would often skip the opponent's next turn, making even Ice Block useless at stopping it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52994 (2021-05-12): Now costs 4 mana (Up from 3).
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 220.127.116.11661 (2021-01-28): Now reads: Choose an enemy minion... (previously: Choose a minion...).
- Patch 18.104.22.168603 (2021-01-21): Now has Rare rarity (previously: Epic).
- Patch 22.214.171.124003 (2021-01-21): Added.