Change a minion's Health to 1.
Never play 'Hide and Go Seek' with a Hunter.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Hunter's Mark were a reward for raising a hunter to level 6.
- Two Golden copies of Hunter's Mark were a reward for raising a hunter to levels 40 and 42.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Useful when used with any card that can deal 1 damage to a target (like Elven Archer). Best used on high health enemy minions to maximize the effectiveness of the card. Also, because it sets a minion's maximum and current health both to 1 (leaving the minion effectively undamaged), Hunter's Mark removes Enrage effects from damaged minions.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Ah, there you are..." —Sharpshooter Nally
The Hearthstone version is based on the ability's original and more recognizable incarnation: it used to be an ability that placed a debuff on a target, causing them to take 5% more damage from ranged attacks, and allowed the hunter to see the target even if they were stealthed or invisible. Its visual effect (a large red arrow over the target's head, not unlike what's seen in the artwork), became quite iconic.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Hunter's Mark.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 1 mana (Down from 2).
- Patch 184.108.40.206855 (2019-02-05): Now costs 2 mana (Up from 1).
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Now costs 1 mana (Up from 0).
- Commentary: "Hunter’s Mark is an important option for Hunters, but it’s too efficient at 0 mana. We are increasing its cost to 1."
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Now a permanent enchantment.
- Previously: Change a minion's Health to 1 this turn. [0 mana, Common]