|Abilities:||Battlecry, Destroy, Increment attribute|
|Wiki tags:||Murloc-related, Targeted|
Murloc. It's what's for dinner.
How to get
|Golden Hungry Crab||1600||400|
- Regular Hungry Crab could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
Hungry Crab is a tech card specifically designed for use against murloc decks. With an enemy murloc on the board, this card summons a 3/4 minion and removes one enemy murloc - all for only 1 mana. When facing any murloc deck, this card is a fairly safe bet. Much of the choice of including this card in a deck therefore depends on the likelihood of encountering murlocs. If the opponent plays few or no murlocs, this is a weak card, and far poorer than other high-rarity options for the same cost.
Hungry Crab can also be played as part of a murloc deck; however, this is generally a risky play. When murloc buffs are active, a 1-cost murloc is certainly superior: you get two buffed murlocs instead of one 3/4 Hungry Crab. However, in situations where you drew badly or your buffing murlocs have been removed, a 3/4 Hungry Crab can provide decent staying power. As such, this card's utility in a murloc deck will vary immensely from game to game and some playstyles will benefit more than others.
Hungry crab's artwork strongly resembles the Spiny Rock Crab and Enthralled Crustacean first introduced in Patch 4.0.3a of the World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm. The card art was first used for the Hunter pet Clamps from the Throne of the Tides expansion in the World of Warcraft trading card game.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Clamps.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 126.96.36.19906 (2017-06-01) Now has a glowing activation border when there is a Murloc on the battlefield, in the same fashion as Golakka Crawler has for Pirates.
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Card text changed from "Battlecry: Destroy all Murlocs and gain +2/+2 for each Murloc eaten." to "Battlecry: Destroy a Murloc and gain +2/+2."