|Abilities:||Deal damage, Restore Health|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Deal 2 damage to all enemy minions. Restore 2 Health to all friendly characters.
If the Holy Light forsakes you, good luck casting this spell. Also, you're probably a jerk.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Holy Nova (Core) are obtained for raising priest to level 1.
Two copies of golden Holy Nova (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as priest.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Holy Nova were a reward for raising a priest to level 6.
- Two Golden copies of Holy Nova were a reward for raising a priest to levels 45 and 46.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- Example: an Imp Gang Boss hit by Holy Nova will generate an Imp and could cause a Knife Juggler to deal 1 damage to a Northshire Cleric, which is then healed by the same Holy Nova, causing it to draw a card. Moreover, the healing part of Holy Nova can heal mortally wounded minions and heroes, preventing them from dying.
- As usual, Spell Damage increases the damage dealt by this spell but it does not affect the amount of Health restored.
- Auchenai Soulpriest and Embrace the Shadow will convert Holy Nova's healing into damage, causing it to deal damage also to all friendly characters.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Holy Nova is an efficient board clear comparable to Consecration and, coupled with its Health regeneration, is the cornerstone of many popular priest sustain decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Holy Nova is a priest spell from World of Warcraft. It is an instant AoE healing and damage spell with a 10-yard range, healing the 5 lowest-health allies and dealing damage to all enemies within range. Holy Nova is mostly used for dealing instant AoE damage, such as when dealing with a hunter's Snake Trap, or when attempting to flush a rogue out of stealth, and unlike its Hearthstone incarnation, is generally ineffectual for achieving substantial healing or damage. Due largely to its disuse, with Mists of Pandaria Holy Nova was made into a glyph, removing it from priests' basic ability roster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card Holy Nova.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Holy spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): Now costs 4 mana (Down from 5). Now reads: Deal 2 damage all enemy minions... (previously: Deal 2 damage to all enemies...).
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
References[edit | edit source]
- Trump (2016-05-25). Hearthstone: Trump, Dragonlord - Part 3 (Priest Standard) at 11:03. Retrieved on 2016-05-27.
- http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20745105136 Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16830 (2016-06-01)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUzKLfsm13s&t=9m05s Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12421 (ONiK patch)