|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate|
Extremely awkward cousin of Hex Lord Malaclass.
- For the boss of the same name, see Hex Lord Malacrass (boss).
How to get
|Hex Lord Malacrass||1600||400|
|Golden Hex Lord Malacrass||3200||1600|
- Malacrass takes your hand from after the opening mulligan but before The Coin is added to your hand or you draw your first card.
Hex Lord Malacrass is a very value-oriented card for control decks with peculiar applications. While normally in the mulligan phase you generally opt for cheap cards you can play early on, doing so will weaken the value Malacrass provides. Maximizing his effect will require a balance between low-cost cards to play at the start of the match and mid to high-cost cards that you want another copy of late game.
Malacrass has a consequence of duplicating Quest cards, which means you could possibly complete Open the Waygate twice for two Time Warps, a difficult but not impossible task, or another Raid the Sky Temple if you decide to switch back to it later in the game.
- ▶️Choogo zinn!
- ▶️<death sound>
Hex Lord Malacrass is a witch doctor of the Amani forest trolls, a boss in Zul'Aman (both the original raid version and the revamped dungeon version), and the one who devised the plan of imbuing the greatest warriors of the Amani with the essences of their loa gods.
- From the original World of Warcraft website
- Furious at the Horde's latest betrayal, Zul'jin was pleased when the witch doctor Malacrass approached him with a devious plan to crush the elves once and for all. Malacrass had studied the Zandalari high priests and their ability to call upon the favor of the animal gods. He also knew that the elves had magically bound one of the mighty naaru, using it to channel the power of the Light into their own ranks. Malacrass had devised a similar plan: to seal the power of the animal gods within the bodies of the Amani's strongest warriors. Zul'jin quickly approved the plan and lent his full support. Malacrass experimented tirelessly and succeeded in imbuing four warriors with the essence of mighty animal gods: the lynx, dragonhawk, bear, and eagle. Some adventurers fear that Malacrass may have bound a fifth, even darker essence within his own soul....
- From the World of Warcraft Adventure Guide
- Rumored to be the most feared witch doctor of the Amani tribe in decades, Hex Lord Malacrass has done the unthinkable and sealed the essences of several mighty troll animal gods in their strongest champions ... keeping the darkest one for himself.
- The fury of Jan’alai the Dragonhawk loa fuels Malacrass’s fire on the Rumble field. Despite a flair for the dramatic, Malacrass is a clever opponent. He’ll give Mages who are willing to plan ahead access to useful resources.
- Rikkar admired Malacrass’ showmanship. Despite his team’s reputation as hot-heads, they knew how to fire up the crowd before sending the fireballs flying.
- Malacrass was created in the first week of initial design for Rastakhan's Rumble by a new designer who had come in for his first day of work and was tasked with designing the set's mage cards. The card remained mostly unchanged for most of the expansion's development. At one point, Malacrass' Battlecry could generate copies of The Coin and himself if they were part of the player's opening hand. The effect was changed to not create copies of Malacrass himself due to "degenerating gameplay" and the potential ability to endlessly generate new copies of cards like Arcane Missiles or Frost Nova by playing Malacrass over and over again, which could feel really frustrating to play against. One element of Malacrass that was heavily internally discussed was what a player's "opening hand" constitutes, such as if it includes The Coin and/or the first card that a player draws after the mulligan. The team ended up going back and forth a lot on the matter but eventually ended up in a "pretty good space".
- Patch 22.214.171.124845 (2018-11-29): Added.
- Blizzard Press Center - Rastakhan's Rumble Announcement Press Kit, Rastakhan's Rumble Champions Fact Sheet enUS. (2018-11-02). Retrieved on 2018-11-06.
- Daxxarri (2018-11-21). A New Challenger Approaches - Part 2. Retrieved on 2018-11-21.
- Cam Shea (2019-02-04). Hearthstone: Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala on Designing Key Rastakhan Cards. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-02-05.
- Skiffington (2018-11-07). Interview With Hearthstone Game Designers Liv Breeden & Peter Whalen At BlizzCon: Discussing Rastakhan's Rumble!. Hearthstone Top Decks. Retrieved on 2018-11-12.