|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Wiki tags:||Beast-related, Targeted|
It's hard to make a living as a hunter in a world where beasts instantly reappear minutes after you kill them.
- For the tutorial boss of the same name, see Hemet Nesingwary (boss). For the Journey to Un'Goro card, see Hemet, Jungle Hunter
How to get
|Golden Hemet Nesingwary||3200||1600|
An ideal minion to use against the hunter class since he has a lot of Beasts.
Can be used in conjunction with Hex or Polymorph to destroy the resultant minion entirely, although this is generally a very weak use of his ability. Can similarly be used in combination with Tinkmaster Overspark to destroy almost any minion, by first transforming them into a Beast. However, this combination is generally too costly and improbable to plan for.
Hemet's poor stats for his cost and extremely limited Battlecry have resulted in him being considered by many to be one of the worst cards in the Goblins vs Gnomes set and, until the release of Majordomo Executus, usually recognised as the worst Legendary in the game.
- Ah, the thrill of the hunt.
- Take that, beastie!
- Hemet Nesingwary is a quest giver and game hunter seen in Nagrand, Sholazar Basin, Valley of the Four Winds and alternate Nagrand. Considered the greatest hunter on Azeroth, he leads safaris to hunt the wildlife of Azeroth and beyond, and is the author of The Green Hills of Stranglethorn. He is generally to be found in the wild, camped out with a group of fellow hunters, surrounded by a variety of grizzly trophies collected from the native game of the area. Nesingwary and his cohorts tutor adventurers on the hunting and trapping of wild creatures.
- Hemet fought in many battles alongside Ajeck Rouack's father, and has been described by his servant Barnil Stonepot as a war hero of the Alliance. Nesingwary is the father of Hemet Nesingwary Jr., who has taken over some of his father's duties in Stranglethorn in order to allow him to focus on new and even more exotic game in newly discovered lands.
- Hemet Nesingwary was the original hunter hero in the game's pre-alpha.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Hemet Nesingwary.
- Until the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion, Hemet Nesingwary was the only tutorial hero who did not also appear as a legendary card.
- The name "Hemet Nesingwary" is an anagram of Ernest Hemingway, a famous American author and journalist. Hemingway was known as an avid hunter, fisherman, and safari traveler, much like his Warcraft namesake.
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-06-11).