|Artist:||Cyril Van Der Haegen|
Restore 8 Health.
8 Health, no waiting.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Healing Touch were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the druid class.
- Two Golden copies of Healing Touch were a reward for raising a druid to levels 15 and 20.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card was sometimes used to stop aggro decks before other more cost effective cards were released. These decks rely on rapid bursts of damage to push the enemy over the brink, often trading longevity for more immediate damage potential. Healing Touch can counter these decks' rapid onslaught, slowing the pace of the game and exhausting the opponent's options or simply allowing the druid to survive into the later game where they may have the advantage.
Similarly useful for control decks seeking to survive weak early rounds, by drawing the game out until they can summon powerful minions to defend them and dominate the board.
Generally useful for keeping the druid's Health above a critical number, preventing the opponent from defeating the player the next turn.
Can be used to restore Health to minions, which is particularly useful with the druid's large Taunt minions such as Ancient of War and Ironbark Protector. Under the right circumstances, granting even a couple of points of Health to a critical minion can be far more useful than healing the druid themselves for the full amount.
Feral Rage is in most cases a better card, with the same cost. Unlike Healing Touch its Armor option can still be used at full value when the hero is at full Health, is compatible with Molten Giants, and offers a counter to Alexstrasza, although not Drakonid Crusher. More importantly, the card's second option provides versatility, useful for removal or extra damage to reach lethal.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "The druids' reverence for nature allows them to bestow wondrous gifts upon their allies."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Healing Touch.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Nature spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Flavor text changed from "The technique for this Touch is only slightly different than the "Touch of Intense Pain", and it takes years to learn the difference." to "8 Health, no waiting."