|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
|Wiki tags:||Battlefield-related, Beast-related, Durability-related|
Zul'jin's primary recruiting tool.
How to get
|Golden Headhunter's Hatchet||400||50|
Two copies of regular Headhunter's Hatchet (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Headhunter's Hatchet (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as hunter.
- For Beast Hunter, Headhunter's Hatchet is almost a 2 mana 2/3 weapon, far more aggressive than Candleshot, cheaper and more flexible than Eaglehorn Bow.
- Playing before Bloodscalp Strategist on curve with a beast as 1-drop is an extraodinary opening.
- Headhunters are spearmen specialized in tracking and hunting their opponents. Many headhunters are trolls, dexterous spearthrowers and experts at taking trophies on their fallen opponents. Through a combination of learning how to channel their rage and alchemical means, troll headhunters can become known as berserkers.
- Though the Horde allied itself with the evil forest trolls during the Second War, the alliance was short lived due to the Horde’s eventual defeat. But Thrall, on one of his many journeys, befriended a tribe of shadowy trolls from the steamy jungles of Stranglethorn. These cunning warriors are trained from birth to hunt, track and trap the most dangerous beasts in the wilds and possess the uncanny ability to regenerate lost health. In times of war, however, headhunters relish turning their mighty spears on the enemies of the Horde without hesitation. Capable of hurling their deadly spears at distant enemies, troll headhunters provide invaluable cover fire for the other warriors of the Horde. Like all trolls, headhunters can regenerate lost health over time. This racial ability makes the trolls fearsome opponents and often allows them to spring back into combat even though they’ve suffered grievous wounds.
While headhunters are traditionally known as spear wielders, with axes more commonly being relegated to troll axethrowers, a few headhunters such as Shadowpine Headhunters and Witherbark Headhunters have been seen using axes as well.
- Patch 126.96.36.199845 (2018-11-29): Added.