Arachnofauxbia: Fear of fake spiders.
How to get
|Golden Haunted Creeper||400||50|
- While the Haunted Creeper is a Beast, the Spectral Spiders summoned by its Deathrattle are not.
- If the player's board is full with 7 friendly minions when the Creeper dies, only one Spectral Spider is summoned since there is not enough room for the second.
- The Spectral Spiders summoned by this card's Deathrattle appear in the same position on the board that the Creeper occupied.
Though weak by itself, the Haunted Creeper's Deathrattle will spawn two Spectral Spiders to take its place. This discourages opponents from destroying it, or from using AoE removal while it remains on the field. Haunted Creeper is therefore an effective anti-removal minion, useful for ensuring the player will have something left on the board even in the face of a complete board wipe.
As a "sticky" 1/2 for 2 mana, Haunted Creeper trades tempo for persistent board presence and potentially card advantage. It excels in decks seeking a constant or large board presence, such as for use with Sea Giant, Defender of Argus or Savage Roar, as well as initially benefiting from Beast synergy.
Cards such as Knife Juggler can take advantage of the Deathrattle.
Creepers are a type of large, fearsome spiders found throughout Azeroth.
Haunted Creeper was originally named "Dread Creeper" and was a 3 Mana 3/2 minion. It's deathrattle originally summoned "1/1 Spiderlings" which were originally also Beasts, but this was found to be too strong for hunters' Beast synergy. They were conceptually changed to be undead in order to make the lack of a Beast type "less awkward". 
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Webster.
- Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Flavor text now reads "Arachnofauxbia: Fear of fake spiders." Previously "Arachnafauxbia: Fear of fake spiders."
- Patch 188.8.131.5224 (2014-07-22): Added.
- Tested by User:jerodast on 2015-02-21: Played 6 minions and then the Creeper. Attacked into an enemy to kill the Creeper; only one Spider appeared, in the same position relative to the other minions as the Creeper was.
- Tested by User:jerodast on 2015-02-21:Played Creeper in between several other minions; got it killed. Both Spiders appeared between the same other minions.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-05-27).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2017-06-05).