Hand of Gul'dan
|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Tags:||Discard-related, On-discard effect|
When you play or discard this, draw 3 cards.
His skull also draws three cards. Imagine how many cards he could draw with HIS ENTIRE BODY!
How to get
|Hand of Gul'dan||40||5|
|Golden Hand of Gul'dan||400||50|
Hand of Gul'dan has discard functionality like Silverware Golem, Fist of Jaraxxus, Clutchmother Zavas, High Priestess Jeklik , and Boneweb Egg where it activates its effects whenever it gets discarded.
Hand of Gul'dan is better used for discarding rather than playing as it can essentially draw you 3 cards for free when discarded. Using Expired Merchant or Nightshade Matron can guaranteed discarding this card providing insane card draw advantage early in the game. Not only that but also you will get two of those copies back potentially drawing you 6 cards for free if both are discarded.
It is very powerful and core in Discard Warlock decks as it provides them massive amounts of card draw which can significantly overwhelm your opponent early in the game.
Be careful when discarding this card while Malchezaar's Imp is in play as you may overdraw due to the massive amount of card draw not only from the Imp but also this card as well or cards like Doomguard discarding two cards which has a small chance to discard two Hand of Gul'dan which can lead to a possibility of overdrawing.
"Hand of Gul'dan" is the name of both a World of Warcraft warlock spell that summons Wild Imps and a giant volcano in Shadowmoon Valley. The shards from the meteor that the spell summons and the volcano are both depicted in this card's art.
- The Hand of Gul'dan is a massive volcano west of the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley. It is named after Gul'dan, the warlock who aided Medivh in opening the Dark Portal. According to the Earthen Ring, this volcano was raised by Gul'dan himself when he severed the connection between the orcish people and the elemental spirits of Draenor, and dominates much of the landscape in the valley. The truth is the volcano always existed, and the spell that severed the connection to the elements also turned the volcano fel.
- A vision of this act is repeatedly depicted at the Altar of Damnation, near the Fel Pits on the volcano's western face.
- Hand of Gul'dan's flavor text references the Skull of Gul'dan card.
- Patch 22.214.171.124222 (2020-03-26): Added.
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-03-25).