|Set:||Kobolds & Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify cost, Return to hand, Set attribute|
The grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling, and out of the caverns the kobolds came tumbling.
How to get
|Golden Grumble, Worldshaker||3200||1600|
Grumble is a slightly overstatted minion for his cost. While you could play him for stats with no other minions, it's more effective to use his Battlecry to return other expensive Battlecry minions. His effect is hard to time right, but having a second use for powerful Battlecry cards like Kalimos, Primal Lord at a huge discount can be game-swinging. It's best you use him with some mana to spare since ending your turn without other minions in play can kill your tempo.
Grumble can also work well with cards that transform your minions like Evolve and The Storm Bringer; if you get a low-stat, high-power Battlecry minion off of it and it stays on the board, Grumble can return them so you can use their Battlecry for much cheaper.
- Grumble OTK
- Play 2 Fire Plume Harbingers with Grumble in your hand to reduce it its mana cost, then play Spirit Echo to add them back to your hand.
- Play a Fire Plume Harbinger, then Grumble to return it. Copy Grumble with Zola the Gorgon, then return it with Youthful Brewmaster, giving you 2 copies of Grumble.
- Have some damage-dealing Elementals in your hand, like Fire Plume Phoenix, Al'Akir the Windlord, Blazecaller or Kalimos, Primal Lord with elemental synergy active before the next step.
- Play 2 Fire Plume Harbingers, then Grumble, followed by the second Grumble, then play a Fire Plume Harbinger. You can now infinitely cycle between them to gain unlimited Elemental cost reduction.
- Play Fire Plume Harbinger, then your other Elementals to deal damage to the opponent, then return them all with Grumble. Repeat until the enemy hero is dead or your timer runs out.
- ▶️<death sound>
Grumble, Worldshaker is unique to Hearthstone. He is a giant earth elemental born from the ambient magic soaking into the walls of the catacombs. He wakes every few millennia, sending terror and tremors throughout the kobold empire.
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.