|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify Hero Power|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related|
When he was young, he was an Outrageous Magus.
How to get
|Golden Grizzled Wizard||1600||400|
- At the start of your next turn, hero powers are swapped again. If either player changed their hero power, the other will receive that one instead of their original.
- Upon swapping, both players' hero powers are refreshed.
- Grizzled Wizard's effect cannot be used against Adventure bosses.
- If the player swaps between two What Does This Do?, the hero power's effect will not trigger the turn hero powers are swapped back.
The main use of Grizzled Wizard is ruining an opponent's powerful hero power by replacing it with a much weaker one. Solid targets are any of the Quest hero powers introduced in Saviors of Uldum or Hero card hero powers. For a list of alternate hero powers, see Hero Power#Player Hero Powers. Easy ways to switch include Shadowform, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Dinomancy, Charged Hammer, and Sideshow Spelleater. Untapped Potential is another choice, since non-Druid opponents will be totally unable to use Ossirian Tear.
In Wild, you can permanently grant your opponent any hero power by playing Grizzled Wizard followed by Sideshow Spelleater.
Grizzled Wizard can also be used as a temporary combination of Sideshow Spelleater and Mindbreaker, granting you access to one use of your opponent's hero power and preventing them from using theirs for a turn.
- Old dogs do learn new tricks.
- Get out of my city!
- Patch 18.104.22.168060 (2019-12-05): Added.
- Trolden (July 27, 2020). Funny And Lucky Moments - Hearthstone - Ep. 515 (02:41). YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-07-27.