There’s a word for Zandalari druids who refuse to pledge loyalty to Gonk: “Delicious.”
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Multiple copies of Gonk, the Raptor stack, with each copy giving one extra attack per minion killed.
Naturally, Gonk has synergy with ; with each minion destroyed thanks to Gonk, you are rewarded with additional draws. Drawing into cards such as or can assist in clearing out minions with higher health.
is a great second resort if your Gonk has been destroyed before you could use it, also making it cheaper by 3 mana allowing more cards to be played, or to play Floop with as a second Gonk on board to utilize the stacking Gonk's effect, as stated in the Notes.
Being a Beast, Gonk can be drawn from and synergizes well with cards such as , and .
Should you find yourself in a situation where you control 2 Gonks, you are granted two extra attacks per kill. This increases with the number of Gonks you control. This allows Gonk to be played as an OTK combo, using cards that copy Gonk and summon weak minions for the opponent, such as or .
- ▶️Tear them apart.
- ▶️<death sound>
- Gonk, the Great Hunter, is the ancient raptor loa of shapes and master of the hunt. The Darkspear trolls heard many of the Zandalari's tales about Gonk. He taught both tribes how to be druids, and the Zandalari druids serve him as the Raptari. Gonk's high priest is . The followers of Gonk and Pa'ku do not get along.
- Gonk taught the Darkspear tribe how to contact the loa in a different way than they had before, thus allowing them to serve all the nature spirits at the same time instead of only one at a time as they used to do as loa priests (witch doctors). The other loa, such as Shirvallah, were against this but Gonk forced their hands in order to defeat Zalazane, who had trapped several loa inside the Emerald Dream. Through this method the Darkspear became druids, though the other loa are not happy about it and want the trolls to continue worshiping them one at a time.
- Unlike the Darkspear druids, Gonk did not just speak to the Zandalari. For his Raptari, Gonk is not just a fragment or piece of him, but physically there, a real voice they can listen to in person.
- thought Gonk and Wardruid Loti were examples of inspiring contrast. Gonk was one of the oldest loa, and Loti one of the younger competitors in the Rumble (not to mention an advisor to ! And one of the most talented shapeshifters in the world!), but the two of them joined forces to open the door for young Zandalari trolls to become Druids. Loti was the inspiring leader to a pack of howling, dinosaur-jumping lunatics. Maybe he could use that!
- Originally during the development of Rastakhan's Rumble, Gonk's effect belonged to (then called "Shrine to Gonk") with the card text "Your hero has Windfury". Gonk himself instead gave a bonus when the player attacked and killed minions, at one point being considered as an 8-mana 5/5 that gave the player's hero "Overkill: Refresh your Mana Crystals." The effects of Gonk and the Spirit were eventually swapped since the designers found that giving their hero the ability to "attack a whole bunch" was the more exciting of the two and thus belonged better on Gonk. Furthermore, the accompanying deck needed more resources since players would spend so many of their resources on buffing their hero's Attack, so they felt that it made sense to give a card draw effect to the Spirit.
- At one point in playtesting, Gonk cost 5 mana. While this was fine in most circumstances, occasionally it would allow druid players to use Gonk in combination with and an already-equipped as early as the fourth turn to rapidly escalate the game, which was "not an okay circumstance".
- Patch 18.104.22.168845 (2018-11-29): Added.
- Disguised Toast. 7 NEW INTERACTIONS from RASTAKHAN'S RUMBLE. Retrieved on 2018-12-04.
- Daxxarri (2018-11-26). A New Challenger Approaches - Part 3. Retrieved on 2018-11-26.
- Cam Shea (2019-02-04). Hearthstone: Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala on Designing Key Rastakhan Cards. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-02-05.
- Hearthstone (2018-11-28). Final Card Reveal Livestream | Rastakhan's Rumble (44:35). YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-11-30.
- Christopher Hayes (2018-12-03). Gonka the Raptor. ArtStation. Retrieved on 2018-12-04.