|Abilities:||Divine Shield, Rush, Transform in hand|
|Wiki tags:||Attack-related, Health-related|
Each turn this is in your hand, swap its Attack and Health.
Admittedly, they kind of dropped the ball with Prince Liam.
How to get
|Gilnean Royal Guard||100||20|
|Golden Gilnean Royal Guard||800||100|
With 8 Attack and Rush, this minion can effectively destroy most other high-cost minions in Worgen form while staying alive thanks to Divine Shield, but is easily removed afterwards. In human form, it's able to destroy smaller threats and has a lot of Health to stick to the board, but somewhat wastes its Divine Shield. In Arena, it's a highly effective at countering big minions and gaining tempo over them if it can be protected. Its use is more limited in constructed play due to its extreme stat variance and high cost and more effective removal effects. With Lady in White, however, it will turn into an 8/8 that can be played on any turn, removing its biggest weaknesses.
- ▶️My duty is to the king.
- ▶️<death sound>
- The Gilnean Royal Guard is a force of elite human soldiers dedicated to the service and protection of the monarch of the Kingdom of Gilneas. Exclusively loyal to the Gilnean royal family (the House of Greymane), the Royal Guard has likely been in existence for as long as the kingdom has.
- The force has been present during many of Gilneas's darkest times, such as the infamous Northgate Rebellion, where they formed a portion of the royalist forces attempting to crush the revolt. In more recent times, the Guard has played a role in such conflicts as the outbreak of the worgen curse, the Invasion of Gilneas by the Forsaken, and even the Burning Legion's third invasion, where they have fought against the demons alongside their king.
- Serving the current King of Gilneas, Genn Greymane, many members of the Royal Guard have subsequently become worgen themselves (along with much of the Gilnean population).
- Patch 22.214.171.12466 (2018-04-10): Added.