|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Wiki tags:||Death-related, Health-related, Triggered effect|
Banned from every all-you-can-eat buffet on Azeroth.
How to get
|Giant Sand Worm||400||100|
|Golden Giant Sand Worm||1600||400|
- Extra attacks granted by Giant Sand Worm's effect stack with the extra attack granted by Windfury. That is, a Giant Sand Worm with Windfury starts at 2 attacks, and gains one new attack (not two) each time it attacks and kills an enemy minion.
- This minion's triggered effect only activates when it initiates the attack that kills the other minion, not when it is attacked.
- Minions set pending destroy such as by Acidmaw count as killed and will allow Giant Sand Worm to trigger. (Acidmaw may have to trigger first or it may not matter - it is untested.)
This minion is capable of both removing multiple minions barring the strongest ones while dealing a significant amount of face damage if left standing.
In Arena it is a decent late game minion. Usually it can kill 2-3 minions, allowing you to gain some control of the field.
- Sand worms are huge worm-like creatures found on both Azeroth and Outland. These worms have burrowing claws growing from the upper body that enable the beasts to dig through most kinds of soil with frightening speed, often surprising unwary prey by bursting up through the ground beneath the creature and killing it with its sharp beak-like mouth. Often times they can be spotted due to the rumbling of the ground above them. Young sand worms seem to be unable to tunnel and also lack the characteristic claws.
- The massive worm Ouro was the first sand worm to be encountered by the heroes of Azeroth, but more and more have since appeared throughout the world. Residing in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, Ouro is rumored to have been created by the Old God C'Thun himself as a mockery of life.
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Added.