|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Modify Hero Power|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect|
He'll never admit it, but he pushes you hard because he really cares about you.
How to get
|Golden Garrison Commander||1600||400|
- This card's ongoing effect refreshes its controller's Hero Power at Aura Update (Health/Attack) timing if that Hero Power was used just once that turn (i.e., if the "number of times you have used your Hero Power this turn" counter is 1).
- Example: Whatever the mean you used to get a Garrison Commander under your control (by playing it, or by a summon, mind control or transform effect), it will refresh your eligible Hero Power during the following Aura Update steps, and will stop doing so as soon as you lose control of it (for example by being killed, returned to the hand or mind controlled).
- Since replacing a Hero Power will reset to 0 the "number of times you have used your Hero Power this turn" counter, Garrison Commander will allow two uses of the new Hero Power that turn.
- Multiple Garrison Commanders do not stack: using a Hero Power for the second time in a turn will increase the "number of times you have used your Hero Power this turn" counter to 2, thus preventing any additional Garrison Commander from refreshing the Hero Power.
Garrison Commander is most powerful when doubling up replacement hero powers like those provided by Justicar Trueheart, Hero cards, and Saviors of Uldum quests. Cards that can reduce the hero power to 1 mana like Raza the Chained and Genn Greymane make the effect easier to cast.
- Form ranks!
This card's title appears to refer to the garrison game feature, introduced to World of Warcraft with Warlords of Draenor, that allows the player to manage a bustling garrison of their faction's forces. Players must first build their base, choosing which buildings to construct, and where, with each lending special bonuses and offering special quests. Players can also recruit, train and command followers, sending them off on missions and raids. Other features include a garrison mine, herb garden and fishing shack, which the player can work at to gather resources, and the shipyard, added in Patch 6.2, which allows players to send destroyers, battleships, submarines and more off on long-range sea missions around Draenor's main continent.
With the player consistently referred to as "Commander" by the inhabitants of the garrison, this card appears to represent a human player character.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Blood of Gladiators" series, for the card King's Defender.
- Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.