Game modes are different ways a player can interact with Hearthstone. Some game modes don't involve actually playing the game and some are only available in limited or special circumstances.
Basic game modes
- Practice mode — play against the AI
- Play mode — play against random opponents or friends
- Arena mode —
- Ranked Play — ranked play; resets monthly
Limited time modes
- Tavern Brawl — random types of mechanics to play against random opponents or friends and only available for a limited time (less than a week), before switching types
- Collection Manager — create and organize decks; disenchant and create cards
- Spectator mode — watch friends play in real-time
Special condition modes
Tournament modesThis is a section stub. Please click edit to the right of the section title to add or expand it.
Competitive modes that are used in tournaments and not available in the normal game.
| Game modes|
Goblins vs Gnomes ● The Grand Tournament ● Whispers of the Old Gods ● Mean Streets of Gadgetzan ● Journey to Un'Goro ● Knights of the Frozen Throne ● Kobolds & Catacombs ● The Witchwood ● The Boomsday Project ● Rastakhan's Rumble ● Rise of Shadows