|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Discard, Increment attribute|
Smelts in his mouth, not in your hand.
How to get
|Golden Furnacefire Colossus||1600||400|
This card is used for decks that run multiple large weapons, and for cases where it may not be feasible to fully use up all weapons at hand, you can sacrifice them for a large minion instead. While this card has the potential to be extremely powerful, it should be used with caution as it's still vulnerable to hard removal and silence effect.
Shamans can give it a Doomhammer which turn it as big as an Ultrasaur with 1 extra Attack for 4 mana less while ignoring the Overload. Warriors have the benefit of using Forge of Souls to draw weapons directly, weapons like Gorehowl and Arcanite Reaper to give it a huge Attack boost, and Charge to guarantee that it can attack at least once . Other classes do not have very efficient weapons to feed this with.
If using Spectral Cutlass, this card can be used to discard extra weapons you generate that you will never equip. This is helpful to avoid clogging up your hand in those decks, although it is a very fringe use.
- ▶️Me stand on YOUR shoulders!
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- The same dark sorcery used to command the Scourge's powerful abominations was utilized to even greater effect in the harsh and distant realm of Northrend. Here the Lich King focused his malefic powers on flesh giants: nightmarish creatures that make abominations look tame by comparison.
- Scourge minions assembled flesh giants and abominations in a similar manner, piecing them together out of body parts from numerous corpses. Unlike abominations, though, the "spare parts" used to create flesh giants were harvested from multiple types of fearsome Northrend giants. These living battering rams employed tremendous brute strength in carrying out the inexorable will of their loathsome master.
- Furnacefire Colossus' summoning quote is a reference to Isaac Newton's famous quote "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"
- This card's flavor text is based off of the old M&Ms slogan, "Melt in your mouth, not in your hand" which was introduced in 1987.
- Patch 22.214.171.12417 (2017-10-17): Will no longer cause weapons to be discarded if the Colossus is destroyed before the Battlecry occurs.
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): Added.