|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever a minion takes damage, gain +1 Attack.
He used to work as an accountant before he tried his hand at Berserkering.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Frothing Berserker||800||100|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Frothing Berserker (Core) are obtained for raising warrior to level 4.
Two copies of golden Frothing Berserker (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as warrior.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
- Regular Frothing Berserker could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Frothing Berserker gains +1 Attack whenever any minion takes damage (regardless of its amount). This includes damage that mortally wounds a minion, damage dealt to the Frothing Berserker himself, damage dealt both by the attacker and the defender during combat, self-inflicted damage such as by Injured Blademaster, and damage dealt by each missile shot by effects like Avenging Wrath.
- As usual, on-damage triggers like this one will not trigger if the damage is prevented (such as by Divine Shield or Immune effects).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Frothing Berserker gains +1 Attack whenever ANY minion takes damage. This means that whenever you attack your opponents' minions or when they attack any of yours, Frothing Berserker will gain +2 Attack (unless one of the minions has zero Attack or Divine Shield).
- Frothing Berserker is best played in scenarios where there are lots of minions with low Attack on either side of the field.
- Play Frothing Berserker in conjunction with a Taunt card so your opponent will most likely have to deal damage (thus buffing Frothing Berserker) in order to get to your Berserker. Also does well in conjunction with Armorsmith so your opponent has to make a choice between giving you armor or buffing Frothing Berserker.
- This card has great synergy with the card Whirlwind. Best played when the Berserker is not exhausted, and ideally is free to attack either a mighty opponent or the enemy hero themselves, that same turn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Troll Berserkers were a trainable Horde unit in Warcraft II, and returned in Warcraft III. Berserking is a troll racial ability in World of Warcraft that grants the troll increased haste for 20 seconds, allowing them to attack and cast more quickly.
- Troll berserkers are a bloodthirsty sect of trolls dedicated to the total annihilation of their hated enemies, the elves. Suffering numerous experiments with strange chemicals and potions by the goblin alchemists, the berserkers have had many strange abilities bestowed upon them that make them all but unstoppable in the heat of battle. Berserkers are hardier and stronger than most trolls, effectively transforming them into a veritable whirling cyclone of death and destruction.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Surge of Adrenaline.