It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when you play this card.
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Regular||2|
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Golden||2|
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
Frostbolt is a very useful direct damage spell in the mage's arsenal. Less powerful than , and less far-reaching than , Frostbolt fills a niche for finishing single targets with 2 or 3 health. Its freeze effect provides extra utility, useful for stopping higher-health minions in their tracks, until they can be properly disposed of. This also works against heroes, making it excellent for delaying a charging warrior or back-stabbing rogue from unleashing their latest weapon upon you.
Frostbolt works particularly well as a nuke when combined with , allowing mages to deliver devastating amounts of burst damage in a single turn.
Frostbolt is a Frost mage spell from World of Warcraft that deals direct damage and chills the target, slowing their movement by 50%.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Frost spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04): Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now costs 2 mana (Down from 3).
- Previously: Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it. [3 mana, Common]