It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when you play this card.
How to get
Regular and golden Frostbolt are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Regular||2|
|New player||Complete the Ranked's New player experience system||Golden||2|
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to level 2.
- Two Golden copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to levels 40 and 42.
- This spell has two steps:
Frostbolt is a very useful direct damage spell in the mage's arsenal. Less powerful than , and less far-reaching than , Frostbolt fills a niche for finishing single targets with 2 or 3 health. Its freeze effect provides extra utility, useful for stopping higher-health minions in their tracks, until they can be properly disposed of. This also works against heroes, making it excellent for delaying a charging warrior or back-stabbing rogue from unleashing their latest weapon upon you.
Frostbolt works particularly well as a nuke when combined with , allowing mages to deliver devastating amounts of burst damage in a single turn.
Frostbolt is a Frost mage spell from World of Warcraft that deals direct damage and chills the target, slowing their movement by 50%.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Frostbolt.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Now has Frost spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04): Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 188.8.131.5290 (2013-10-02): Now costs 2 mana (Down from 3).
- Previously: Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it. [3 mana, Common]