|Abilities:||Deal damage, Freeze|
Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it.
It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when you play this card.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to level 2.
- Two Golden copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to levels 40 and 42.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Frostbolt is a very useful direct damage spell in the mage's arsenal. Less powerful than Fireball, and less far-reaching than Arcane Explosion, Frostbolt fills a niche for finishing single targets with 2 or 3 health. Its freeze effect provides extra utility, useful for stopping higher-health minions in their tracks, until they can be properly disposed of. This also works against heroes, making it excellent for delaying a charging warrior or back-stabbing rogue from unleashing their latest weapon upon you.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Frostbolt is a Frost mage spell from World of Warcraft that deals direct damage and chills the target, slowing their movement by 50%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Frostbolt.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Frost spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04) Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now costs 2 mana (Down from 3).
- Previously: Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it. [3 mana, Common]