|Abilities:||Deal damage, Freeze|
It is customary to yell "Chill out!" or "Freeze!" or "Ice ice, baby!" when you play this card.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to level 2.
- Two Golden copies of Frostbolt were a reward for raising a mage to levels 40 and 42.
- This spell has two steps:
Frostbolt is a very useful direct damage spell in the mage's arsenal. Less powerful than Fireball, and less far-reaching than Arcane Explosion, Frostbolt fills a niche for finishing single targets with 2 or 3 health. Its freeze effect provides extra utility, useful for stopping higher-health minions in their tracks, until they can be properly disposed of. This also works against heroes, making it excellent for delaying a charging warrior or back-stabbing rogue from unleashing their latest weapon upon you.
Frostbolt is a Frost mage spell from World of Warcraft that deals direct damage and chills the target, slowing their movement by 50%.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Frostbolt.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Now has Frost spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04): Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Now costs 2 mana (Down from 3).
- Previously: Deal 3 damage to a character and Freeze it. [3 mana, Common]