|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, In-hand effect, Ongoing effect|
Costs (1) less for each time you used your Hero Power this game.
Don't ask him about the beard. JUST DON'T.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Frost Giant||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mana cost of this card is reduced by 1 for each time the controlling player has used a Hero Power that game.
- The cost reduction of this card is not dependent on which Hero Power was used: replacing, upgrading or modifying your Hero Power will not reset or otherwise adversely affect the Frost Giant's ability.
- The cost reduction of this card is not dependent on the card being in the player's hand or deck or even on the card existing at the time the Hero Power was used.
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card works well in Inspire decks, or any deck built around heavy Hero Power use. Cards which let the player use their Hero Power more frequently (Maiden of the Lake, Fencing Coach, Garrison Commander, etc) can further help to reduce Frost Giant's cost. It is particularly useful for decks based around Genn Greymane, which can reduce the cost of Frost Giant quicker than other decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Ice giants (also referred as frost giants) primarily belong to the faction known as the Sons of Hodir. After his betrayal of the Pantheon, Thorim's brother, Loken, tricked him into betraying his ice giant allies by murdering his wife, Sif, and blaming it on the ice giant king. Thorim was enraged, striking out at his allies and then settling into a long stupor.
- Many years later, Thorim discovered the truth. With the aid of adventurers serving the Sons of Hodir, Thorim recovered his weapon (Krolmir, Hammer of Storms) and his shattered armor, then brought war to his treacherous brother. However, it proved to be an elaborate ruse perpetrated by Loken to lure Thorim away from the Temple of Storms, where proximity to his dark master granted Loken the power to overcome Thorim's attack. Thorim and his proto-drake, Veranus, were captured and taken to "new dwellings". Both became bosses in Ulduar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Frost Giant is one of several Giants currently in Hearthstone. All giants are 8/8 epic neutral minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1186 (2015-08-18): Added.