- The land is still, the powder fresh. Almost feels like the valley is holding its breath.
- Form your ranks, we will not yield. With axe and club and thunder-blood we'll die before we kneel!
- When morning comes, it's time to fight! We'll plant the flag of victory as we prove our might!
- Raise your voice for Alterac! Just remember (Whoa-oh-oh)
- Never fall back. Never fall back. Hold the bridge, pull the ridge, never fall back!
- Never fall back! Oh, never fall back! Claim the mines, hold the line, never fall back! (Go!)
- Never fall back! Oh, never fall back! (Wait!)
- (What's that?)
- (They summoned the Ice Lord!)
- Hurry! Fall back! Hurry! Fall back! (Fall back!) (Fall back!)
- Their captains are quaking their base for the taking. Push forward, attack! We'll never fall back! Because we're here in Alterac!
|Collection name:||Alterac Valley|
|Ann. date:||November 16, 2021|
|Release date:||December 7, 2021|
Fractured in Alterac Valley is Hearthstone's 19th expansion, featuring new 135 collectible cards released on December 7, 2021. Set in Alterac Valley, the expansion depicts the epic battle between the Alliance and the Horde and concludes the story of 10 mercenaries, who decided to join the battle for honor and shards of a fallen naaru.
Fractured in Alterac Valley features again 10 mercenaries, this time max leveled as hero cards, a new keyword Honorable Kill which triggers its bonus effect when the card deals exact lethal damage to the target on their owner's turn, and Objective spells which have an ongoing effect lasting for 3 turns.
Fractured in Alterac Valley also features a faction event that lasts from December 7 to January 11, which the player fights for honor points to claim the diamond version of the faction leader card they have chosen.
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Themes
- 4 Other features
- 5 Lore
- 6 History
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 References
How to get
Fractured in Alterac Valley craftable cards can be obtained by one of the following methods:
- Opening card packs with the usual prices and purchasing options
- Crafting for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust depending on the cards' rarity
- As a Standard expansion, the Highest Rank Bonus chest, Arena and Heroic Duels rewards have chance to contain Fractured in Alterac Valley cards.
- Uncraftable cards
These specific cards can be obtained through other means. For more information, see individual articles.
- Lokholar the Ice Lord
- Golden Frostwolf Kennels
- Golden Dun Baldar Bunker
- Golden Iceblood Tower
- Golden Dun Baldar Bridge
- Golden Stormpike Aid Station
- Golden Iceblood Garrison
- Golden Ram Commander
- Golden Grimtotem Bounty Hunter
- Golden Snowblind Harpy
- Golden Drek'Thar
- Golden Frostwolf Warmaster
- Golden Herald of Lokholar
- Golden Stormpike Marshal
- Golden Vanndar Stormpike
- Golden Frantic Hippogryph
- Prior to the expansion's release, players could purchase one or both of the following bundles:
- Fractured in Alterac Valley Bundle costs $49.99 USD; it comes with 60 Fractured in Alterac Valley card packs, two random Legendary cards, and Vanndar Stormpike card back.
- Fractured in Alterac Valley Mega Bundle costs $79.99 USD; it comes with 80 Fractured in Alterac Valley card packs, 5 Golden Fractured in Alterac Valley card packs, two random Golden Legendary cards from Fractured in Alterac Valley, the unique Vanndar Stormpike card back, the alternate warrior hero Vanndar Stormpike, Battlegrounds Perks, a random legendary mercenary card, and 5 Mercenaries Packs.
Fractured in Alterac Valley card set features 135 collectible cards, which can be recognized with a special watermark (the Flag symbol) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
The Mini-set, Onyxia's Lair, is also considered part of Fractured in Alterac Valley set, featuring 35 additional cards.
- Our merry band of mercenaries have grown stronger in their travels. Now they’re max level and ready to fight! Each hero card has a powerful Battlecry and Hero Powers that can turn the course of battle!
- Kurtrus, Demon-Render
- Wildheart Guff
- Beaststalker Tavish
- Magister Dawngrasp
- Lightforged Cariel
- Xyrella, the Devout
- Shadowcrafter Scabbs
- Bru'kan of the Elements
- Dreadlich Tamsin
- Rokara, the Valorous
New Keyword: Honorable Kill
- Sometimes the damage lines up just perfectly and it feels so right! Cards with the Honorable Kill keyword grant you a bonus effect when they use exact damage to kill an enemy minion on your turn.
- Dreadprison Glaive
- Keen Reflex
- Wing Commander Mulverick
- Dragonbane Shot
- Spring the Trap
- Siphon Mana
- The Lobotomizer
- Tooth of Nefarian
- Hollow Abomination
- Axe Berserker
- Gnome Private
- Sneaky Scout
- Direwolf Commander
- Whelp Bonker
- Frantic Hippogryph
- Troll Centurion
- Alterac Valley is full of strategic Objectives that you can use to your advantage. Objectives are spells that have effects that last three turns! Claim the Objective and press the advantage while you have it!
- Field of Strife
- Frostwolf Kennels
- Dun Baldar Bunker
- Iceblood Tower
- Dun Baldar Bridge
- Stormpike Aid Station
- Snowfall Graveyard
- Wildpaw Cavern
- Desecrated Graveyard
- Iceblood Garrison
Battle for Alterac Valley
Battle for Alterac Valley was a special event that started on November 30, 2021 and lasted until April 5, 2022. The event features a legendary quest chain that rewards a total of 12 golden rare cards and 1 golden legendary card.
All players are allowed to choose a faction: Alliance or Horde. Alliance players will receive a golden , while Horde players will receive a golden , who represent the leader of each faction. Then, players from both factions will get a legendary quest chain that requires Honor points to get the rewards.
- Honor can be obtained by playing Ranked, Arena, or Duels only.
- Each lost game rewards 10 Honor.
- Each winning game where two players of same faction rewards 20 Honor.
- Each winning game where two players of opposite faction rewards 40 Honor.
No matter which faction the player chooses, the rewards in the quest chain are the same, with the only difference being the order of rewards. Each quest represents "rank" of their faction with different amount of Honor required to promote.
|Alliance reward||Alliance quest||Quota||Horde quest||Horde reward|
In the middle of the event, on January 11, Blizzard Entertainment announced the Alliance to be the winning faction, with 4.7 billion Honor points out of a combined total of 8.6 billion honor accounted from all players that participated in the event. All players, no matter which faction they chose, received the diamond version of by logging in after February 15.
From April 5, 2022, players who haven't completed the Honor event will be able to continue through Gameplay - Alterac Valley achievements.
In World of Warcraft
Long ago, the warlock Gul'dan exiled a clan of orcs called the Frostwolves to a valley hidden deep in the heart of the Alterac Mountains. The Frostwolf Clan eked out a living until Thrall triumphantly united many of Azeroth’s orcs. The Frostwolves, however, chose to remain in the valley rather than joining Thrall in Orgrimmar – and their relative peace has since been challenged by the arrival of the dwarven Stormpike Expedition. The Stormpike Expedition’s desire to mine and plumb the underexplored caves for relics has invited conflict with the Frostwolf Clan, but opinions are divided on who struck first. Were the dwarves who arrived in the valley peaceful explorers who were massacred by the orcs, or did they plan to poach and conquer?
Hidden within the Alterac Mountains, Alterac Valley is the home of the Frostwolf clan. The Stormpike dwarves have established a foothold in the valley and seek to plumb its depths for riches and links to their ancestral past. A large-scale battleground, each side attempts to destroy each other's tower fortifications and slay the enemy General (Vanndar Stormpike or Drek'Thar).
History and politics
- Long ago, before the First War, the warlock Gul'dan exiled a clan of orcs called the Frostwolf Clan (led by Durotan, father of Thrall) to a hidden valley deep in the heart of the Alterac Mountains for refusing to drink the blood of Mannoroth. It is here in the valley's southern reaches that the Frostwolves eked out a living until the rise of Thrall's new Horde.
- After Thrall's triumphant uniting of the clans, the Frostwolves, now led by the orc shaman , chose to remain in the valley they had for so long called their home. In recent times, however, the relative peace of the Frostwolves has been challenged by the arrival of the Dwarven Stormpike Expedition.
- The Stormpike Expedition have set up residence in the valley to search for natural resources and ancient titan relics. It is likely that they did not know of the Frostwolf orcs' connection to the area when choosing to visit the valley. Despite their intentions, the dwarven presence has sparked heated conflict with the Frostwolf orcs to the south, who have vowed to drive the interlopers from their lands. The Stormpike dwarves sent in an initial expedition, the Stormpike Guard, to search for ancient relics of their past and mine for natural resources and were attacked (they felt) without provocation by the territorial Frostwolves.
- Additionally the Ironforge dwarves believe they have a right to the lands as well, and Magni Bronzebeard has issued a "sovereign imperialistic imperative" to the Stormpike Guard to take the land for the kingdom of Ironforge. Other connections to ancient dwarves (previously Earthen) are the troggs that are found in the northern part of the valley.
- At this point in time both factions (possibly even the troll faction as well) believe they have historical connections to the valleys and want to take them back. Note that the Winterax gave up on the valley and went to look for greener pastures.
- Alterac Valley appears not to have been updated to reflect recent lore developments since the Shattering — most notably with and Elerethe Renferal — and remains an active battleground.
- The Frostwolf orcs and the Stormpike dwarves have long been at war, fighting over an icy battleground and the pieces of a fallen Naaru. You must pick a side in this conflict: will you support the Stormpikes of the Alliance, or the Frostwolves of the Horde? Join powerful mercenary Heroes in their fight for pivotal strategic objectives and Honorable Kills. With resentment as bitter as the cold, we are Fractured in Alterac Valley!
- The temperature is low, but the tensions are high on this storied battlefield, where the Horde and the Alliance fight for honor and shards of a fallen naaru. The two factions are locked in eternal battle, and have put out a call for new Heroes to help turn the tide. Take key Objectives and secure Honorable Kills to help your faction claim victory! The conflict is inevitable, and you must pick a side. So come, claim your place as a champion among those who are Fractured in Alterac Valley!
- Blizzard Entertainment (2021-11-16). Announcing Fractured in Alterac Valley, Hearthstone’s Next Expansion!. PlayHearthstone. Retrieved on 2021-11-19.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2021-11-16). Fractured in Alterac Valley Cinematic Trailer. YouTube.
- Blizzard Entertainment. Fractured in Alterac Valley. PlayHearthstone. Retrieved on 2021-11-19.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2021-11-29). 22.0 Patch Notes. PlayHearthstone. Retrieved on 2021-12-06.
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2022-01-11).
- Blizzard Entertainment (2022-01-14). The Battle for Alterac Valley in Review. PlayHearthstone.
- Patch 126.96.36.199660
- Official Game Guide - Alterac Valley
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)
Fractured in Alterac Valley (Onyxia's Lair)