|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Wiki tags:||Deck-related, Hand-related, Targeted|
Junior explorers scan the night sky in fear of her candle’s flame!
How to get
|Golden Flik Skyshiv||3200||1600|
- Flik Skyshiv destroys a minion and all copies of it on the board and in both players' hand and deck, but not in the graveyard.
- Flik Skyshiv destroys all copies of a targeted minion with the same name, even if there are different versions of it.
- For example, if there is a Annoy-o-Tron and a Annoy-o-Tron (Giggling Inventor) on the board, targeting either one of them with Flik will destroy both. The same goes with Jade Golem, Treant and similar token minions.
- For example, if Flobbidinous Floop transformed into Malygos, targeting another Malygos on the board with Flik will destroy Floop, even if it's in hand. The same goes for other cards with Transform in hand, such as Chameleos.
- Flik Skyshiv destroys all copies of a targeted minion with the same name, even if they are different in base stats.
- Flik Skyshiv destroys all copies of a targeted minion and all spells with the same name.
- If the opponent's hero is Lord Jaraxxus (hero) and Flik Skyshiv kills a Lord Jaraxxus on board, the hero will not be destroyed.
- Flik Skyshiv does not destroy Dormant minions, even if a non-Dormant copy is targeted.
- If any minions other than the target minion are destroyed, smoke-and-slice animations are played to indicate the location of those minions, whether they are on the board, in the players' hands, or in the players' decks.
Hard removal on a decently statted body means Flik will be useful in almost any deck, but as an added bonus, she destroys all copies of another minion. Costing only one mana more, Flik can be used in almost the same way as Vilespine Slayer. Not only does Flik gain one more attack than Vilespine Slayer, she also does not depend on Combo to activate, which can be difficult with a five-mana card.
Flik is effective against decks that rely on acquiring multiple copies of a single minion like Pogo-Hopper, Jade Golem, Shudderwock, and Coldlight Oracle. Flik is also very effective against cards that flood the board with multiple copies of minions like Scion of Ruin and Galakrond, the Tempest, and is likewise great at clearing large boards of tokens such as Treants and Silver Hand Recruits. Note that Cast When Drawn cards are unaffected by Flik since they have different names to their summoned counterparts.
Flik can also destroy friendly minions, although this would not be an upside unless the enemy also happened to have the same cards. For example, destroying a friendly Zephrys the Great can be detrimental to the opponent if said opponent controls another Zephrys in hand or deck. Flik can also destroy a friendly Albatross to completely rid the deck of them, which is useful against decks with many ways to generate more Bad Luck Albatrosses, and especially useful when played in a Highlander deck. However, the upside may also be a downside, as it is also possible to destroy an enemy minion and all friendly copies of it as well. For example, destroying an enemy Kronx Dragonhoof would also destroy Kronx in hand or deck. A played Flik can even destroy itself if she targets a copy of herself.
Overall, Flik is an efficient removal tool, but with its extra effect, targets should be carefully considered to ensure that friendly copies of important cards are not destroyed as well.
- ▶️Stabby stab stab!
- ▶️<death sound>
- Patch 184.108.40.206060 (2019-12-05): Added.
- Stephen Chang on Twitter on Twitter. (2019-11-27).
- Flik Skyshiv kills different Slimes. (December 10, 2019). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-12-11.
- HysteriA (December 15, 2019). Hearthstone Mythbusters 94 - DESCENT OF DRAGONS SPECIAL. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-01-02.