|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
Come to beautiful Firelands! Where it's "Way nicer than the Abyssal Maw!"
How to get
|Adventure||Complete One Night in Karazhan prologue||Regular||2|
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be generated by the following card.
- This spell has two steps:
- First it deals damage, queuing and resolving all on-damage triggers;
- Then, it summons a random 5-Cost minion.
- Notice that, since all card text plays out before any deaths are resolved, if this spell mortally wounds a minion with Deathrattle like , the Deathrattle is resolved after the summoning of the 5-Cost minion, which can for example be stolen by Sylvanas' effect.
- Using Firelands Portal on a golden minion or character will result in it summoning a golden random 5-Cost minion, regardless of whether the Firelands Portal spell itself was golden.
Firelands Portal is a very effective tempo card, allowing you to remove an enemy minion and summon a minion of your own. Despite being weaker and far more expensive than , the tempo swing from the random minion makes this a strong inclusion in almost any mage deck. Even more so in a or deck, as the lack of duplicates makes direct damage more scarce.
This spell represents one of Karazhan's many "precisely calibrated portals attuned to a variety of exotic locales" - in this case, the Firelands, the one of the four domains of the Elemental Plane, and home to Ragnaros and hordes of fire elementals. However, the Firelands are apparently a popular travel destination for adventurers of all kinds, since opening the portal can reveal any of a large variety of characters waiting on the other side. That said, the large fireball that accompanies the traveller through the portal may explain their eagerness to step through; Ragnaros is not known for his tolerance toward unwanted guests.
- The Firelands is the molten domain forged by the titans to house Ragnaros and his wayward minions. Following 's emergence into Azeroth, Ragnaros and his servants surged onto the slopes of Mount Hyjal before being driven back by the sacred mountain's valiant defenders. Now Ragnaros is rallying his loyalists to defend the Firelands from Azeroth's champions.
- The ash-choked Firelands is the least hospitable of the elemental domains. What serves as air in this harsh place is laden with scalding, noxious fumes. The only safe havens from the Firelands' ever-churning magma ocean are islands of jagged rock. Yet even the dangers of this merciless landscape pale in comparison to the raging fury of the elementals who dwell there.
- In the ages since the titans ordered Azeroth, the Firelands has served as a prison - not only for the mighty Firelord, Ragnaros, but also for the flame-born legions who serve him without question. The elementals had spent the innumerable years of their imprisonment reveling in the chaos innate to their being, until the Cataclysm ruptured the barriers between the Firelands and Azeroth. With the world still reeling from the disaster, Ragnaros and his minions have made it their goal to set aflame the World Tree Nordrassil, one of the remaining symbols of healing in the shattered lands of Azeroth.