|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Transform|
The Faceless Ones are servants of Yogg-Saron, and they feed on fear. Right now they are feeding on your fear of accidentally disenchanting all your good cards.
How to get
|Golden Faceless Manipulator||1600||400|
Two copies of golden Faceless Manipulator (Core) are obtained for winning 2500 games across all classes.
- Regular Faceless Manipulator could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
- Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry transforms it into an exact copy of the target minion. The minion is copied in every way, including Attack and Health attributes, damage taken, and any enchantments. If the original minion was Silenced, then the copy is also Silenced. However, enchantments from auras are copied but are lost instantly. Copying a 1 health minion that is receiving a health buff from an aura will cause the faceless manipulator to die upon being played.
- An exception is the Charge ability granted by an enemy's Tundra Rhino: if one of their other Beasts is copied, the copy will still be able to Charge even though the Rhino is still on the enemy side. This may be a bug.
- Another exception is the awakened state of The Darkness. If Faceless manipulator targets an awakened copy of The Darkness, the resulting faceless copy will still start dormant. Since no candles are generated, this will typically result in a dormant copy of The Darkness that can never be awakened.
- Minions copied by Faceless Manipulator are not played from the hand and any Battlecries will therefore not be activated.
- If the target of the Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is eligible to trigger an effect, such as transforming into a Beast with a friendly Starving Buzzard on the board, the effect will be triggered at the very end of the summoning process, rather than at the usual point (generally before Battlecries).
- Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is a transform effect. If Faceless Manipulator is Silenced, it will lose any enchantments and text, but will still retain the Attack, Health, Mana cost, name, portrait and minion type of the minion it copied. In addition, copies can be returned to the controlling player's hand. Copies will retain their 'copied' form, but will still lose any damage and enchantments. This can allow the controlling player to trigger copied minions' Battlecries.
- Faceless Manipulators will not copy the Enraged status of wounded minions with Enrages, but will instead copy the Enrage ability and reassess at the time the card is copied whether to gain the Enraged status.
- Faceless Manipulators cannot copy Stealthed enemy minions, as Stealth prevents minions from being targeted by enemy effects.
- Keep in mind that the Battlecry will resolve before Secrets. For example, if playing a Faceless Manipulator triggers a Mirror Entity, the Secret will not copy the original Faceless Manipulator, but the minion the Faceless Manipulator turned into.
- A golden Faceless Manipulator will transform into a golden version of the card that is to be copied.
- If there are no eligible minions to copy (for example, there are no other minions on the battlefield at all, or only enemy minions under Stealth), then the Faceless Manipulator will not transform and will simply enter the battlefield as a 3/3.
Faceless Manipulator can be used to copy powerful minions belonging to either the player or the opponent. This can be useful for duplicating the presence of legendary minions, or simply as a wildcard which can be changed into whichever target best serves the situation. When copying enemy minions, one strategy is to use the Faceless Manipulator to copy a valuable minion, before destroying or Silencing the target. This allows the player to effectively steal the opponent's minion.
Faceless Manipulator is a faceless one.
- The n'raqi, commonly known as the faceless ones or the faceless, are a monstrous race that arose from the organic matter that seeped from the Old Gods' blighted forms during the primordial era of Azeroth. Cunning and intelligent, they serve their eldritch masters with fanatical loyalty.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Commander Ulthok.
- The card art depicts Commander Ulthok, the second boss in the Throne of Tides dungeon.
- In May 2015, Senior Game Designer Ben Brode stated they had designed Faceless Manipulator "over 6 years ago". This would suggest the card was designed in early 2009, at least 5 years before Hearthstone was eventually released.
- Faceless Manipulator was the only example of Old God art in Hearthstone prior to the release of Whispers of the Old Gods (aside from the uncollectible Nightmare). Faceless Manipulator was used to tease the coming expansion when it was included in a promotional selection of cards on the official site in the days prior to the expansion's announcement.
- Trump (2016-12-23). Hearthstone: Tavern Brawl - The Doom of Brawls (43:00).
- Hearthstone - Best of OTK Moments (1:46). (2017-05-22).
- Tested by User:Xinhaun, 2015-02-02. Knife Juggler then Starving Buzzard played; then Faceless Manipulator played targeting the Buzzard. Result: Faceless transformed into Buzzard, then Knife Juggler threw a knife, then Buzzard drew a card.
- Tested by User:Taohinton and User:Adys, 2015-02-07. Played Knife Juggler then Starving Buzzard, then played Faceless Manipulator, targeting the Buzzard. The Knife Juggler activated first, then the Buzzard. Played Buzzard then Knife Juggler, then Manipulator; exact same result.
- Tested by User:Taohinton and User:Adys, 2015-02-07. Played Starving Buzzard, then Knife Juggler, then another Knife Juggler, then another Starving Buzzard; then the opponent played Repentance. Then played Razorfen Hunter. The Hunter's Battlecry summoned a Boar; the Knife Jugglers both activated (from the Boar); then both Buzzards activated (from the Boar); then the Repentance activated (upon the Hunter); then both Knife Jugglers activated (from the Hunter).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-05-28).