|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Combat-related, Triggered effect|
It traps your food AND cooks it for you!
How to get
|Golden Explosive Trap||400||50|
Two copies of regular Explosive Trap (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Explosive Trap (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as hunter.
- Explosive Trap triggers on attack declaration, and will deal damage before the attack connects. If the minion is destroyed by Explosive Trap, it will not complete the attack.
- Explosive Trap triggers on the same step in the attack sequence as Snake Trap, Freezing Trap, Misdirection, Forgetful effects, and several other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- For example, an Explosive Trap played before Misdirection that kills the attacker would cancel Misdirection's activation. An Explosive Trap played after Misdirection would only kill the attacker (or possibly the new defender) after Misdirection had already activated, wasting the Misdirection effect.
- Unlike Misdirection and Freezing Trap, Explosive Trap will activate normally even if the attacker is neutralized by another effect before it can activate. It will deal damage to all enemies still present, which may or may not include the attacker itself.
- Explosive Trap, like all other Secrets that directly deal damage, is affected by Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- Explosive Trap only triggers from attacks - physical combat from a minion or hero. Direct damage from sources such as Battlecries, spells and Hero Powers will not trigger this Secret.
This is a great card especially against aggro and zoo decks. It's ideally played when the opponent has multiple small minions, so it can be devastating to them, especially if they can't pay around. It's also effective against weakened minions, if you don't have other way to kill them.
Explosive Trap is a decent card in Arena. In some games it can clear all your opponent's board, but in most cases they will guess and trade until they have a big board, making this easy to play around.
Explosive Trap is a hunter trap which explodes when approached, dealing Fire damage to the triggering character and applying a damage over time effect to all nearby targets.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Death Trap.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 188.8.131.52662 (2021-03-25): Now has Fire spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Previously: Secret: When a minion damages your hero, deal 2 damage to all enemies. [2 mana, Common]
- Rai Kanegasi (2014-6-22). Freezing and Explosive Traps - Hearthstone.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2013-03-19). Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK).