|Wiki tags:||Positional effect, Targeted|
Pull the pin, count to 5, then shoot. Then duck.
How to get
|Golden Explosive Shot||800||100|
- Regular Explosive Shot could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- Explosive Shot first deals damage to the targeted minion and adjacent ones in the order center-left-right, then resolves all Damage Events (queuing and resolving triggers) in the same order.
This is a powerful card with a strong positional element. 5 damage is dealt to the target minion, while 2 damage is dealt to each of the adjacent ones. It therefore pays to choose the direct target of this spell with care, ensuring that damage is dealt in the best possible way.
When playing against a hunter, one should place their strongest minions on the edges of the board. Then only 2 minions will take damage if the hunter uses an Explosive Shot on those higher-value minions.
- Grievous Bite and Meteor are the only spells other than Explosive Shot to have the same "low-high-low" damage-dealing pattern. Swipe is also similar in its ability to do one high and several low amounts of damage. Powershot and Cone of Cold are similar in damaging 3 adjacent minions.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Explosive Shot.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25): Now has Fire spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Text changed from "Deal 6 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones" to "Deal 5 damage to a minion and 2 damage to adjacent ones".
- Patch 22.214.171.12440 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Deal 5 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones" to "Deal 6 damage to a minion and 1 damage to adjacent ones".