Destroy a damaged enemy minion.
It's okay, he deserved it.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Execute (Core) are obtained for raising warrior to level 1.
Two copies of golden Execute (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as warrior.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Execute were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warrior class.
- Two Golden copies of Execute were a reward for raising a warrior to levels 47 and 48.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Execute is a strong removal card, and although it is conditional the warrior has multiple ways of damaging a target for Execute. Methods of doing so include Inner Rage, Cruel Taskmaster, Slam and Whirlwind.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Showing weakness to a Warrior is a death sentence."
Execute is also seen in the Heroes of Azeroth deck of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Execute.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.20630 (2016-10-03): Now costs 2 mana (Up from 1).
- Commentary: The Warrior class has access to a large amount of removal spells, and while we want to continue providing Warrior players with powerful removal options, Execute stands out as one that has proven to be too efficient in too many situations. We’re increasing the cost of Execute from 1 to 2 Mana in order to keep the card as an option closer in power level to other existing and future removal tools.
- Unknown alpha patch: Mana cost reduced to 1, down from 2.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).