|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
So you say you want an evolution. Well, you know. We all want to change the board.
- For the event version of this card, see Evolve (Event).
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- The replacement minion is selected randomly from all collectible minions that cost 1 more, regardless of class.
- The base mana cost of the affected minion is used to determine the selection, not the mana cost paid when summoning it. 
- If there is no minion of the intended cost to transform the target into, the spell will use the nearest possible cost. This currently applies to all minions with a mana cost of 10 (Standard only), 12, 20 and 25 (such as , and ; the latter, for example, will always be transformed into a new Shirvallah, the Tiger, as it is the only 25-mana minion in the game and no 26-mana minions exist.
Evolve suits best in decks focused around Battlecry, as it increases your minions' below average stats while you can still make use of the Battlecries themselves.
Evolve has strong synergy with cards with built-in cost reduction like , , and , as they can eventually be played for little mana while their high base mana cost makes them Evolve into higher-costing minions. Because Evolve affects all of your minions, it is also suited for decks with a high minion count, specifically minions that summon token minions, like , , , and . Your own totems from your hero power also help. Cards that summon copies of itself like , , and work better since the summoned minions share the same base Mana cost as the card.
Obviously, Evolve does not work out well with minions with Overload such as and as those minions are already better than almost all of the minions they can turn into.
Keep in mind that the effects of Evolve are very random. While its impact on your board is positive most of the time, especially if you control many minions, it may also backfire. For example, any 1-cost minions, which includes your Totems, may turn into a which is generally worse for yourself, and minions of nearly any cost have the chance to turn into a minion with an otherwise useful Battlecry but poor stats.
Damage and enchantments are not transferred to the new Evolved minions. One may use Evolve to "heal" and purify their entire board.
This spell depicts an 'evolving' into a tentacled beast of some sort, possibly a faceless one. The victim's former identity can be recognised by its armor and distinctive belt.
- This card's flavor text parodies the 1968 Beatles song "Revolution". The original lyrics are "You say you want a revolution/Well, you know/We all want to change the world".
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Nature spell school added.
- Patch 188.8.131.52060 (2019-12-05): Now always rerolls the target minion, even if there is no minion available for the new cost.
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Added.