|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Artist:||J. Meyers & Nutchapol|
Just try to avoid eye contact.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- This minion's Battlecry unlocks (and refills) all your Overloaded Mana Crystals (increasing your current available mana accordingly) and removes any pending Overload for the next turn.
- This minion's effect only clears Overload which was already in place before Eternal Sentinel was played: any Overload incurred after playing Eternal Sentinel will not be affected.
- Since Battlecries takes effect only after the card has been played and its mana cost paid, Overloaded mana can prevent a player from playing Eternal Sentinel even if its Battlecry would have freed up enough mana to pay its cost.
A reasonable minion in itself for the cost, this card is valuable for its Battlecry, equivalent to the secondary effect of . This can unlock multiple Overloaded Mana Crystals, effectively lowering the overall mana cost of the Overloading cards, and negating the loss of tempo normally created by playing those cards.
This card can be considered the minion counterpart to Lava Shock. Generally you will prefer Lava Shock as it is faster and fits into the more aggressive Shaman archetypes, however this minion still boasts a good body which can be used in the early game to help with board control. A minion with 3/2 stat distribution is considered premium for a 2-mana card and has a good chance to "trade up" or deal 3 damage to the enemy hero.
With only 2 Overload in place, this minion can be considered a free card, effectively incurring no mana cost. At higher levels of Overload it effectively generates mana for the player, in addition to summoning a useful minion. This makes it an efficient addition to any deck with Overload cards, even if not the primary focus of the deck.
- ▶️I can see what is to come.
- ▶️You will see.
- ▶️<death sound>
The Eternal Sentinel appears to be a mutated form of qiraji prophet, similar to the .
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Added.