|Wiki tags:||Area of effect|
We are all special unique snowflakes... with 1 Health.
How to get
Two copies of regular Equality (Core) are obtained for raising paladin to level 5.
Two copies of golden Equality (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as paladin.
- Regular Equality could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
Playing Wild Pyromancer and Equality will not clear the board when the health of minions are being persistently buffed by cards such as Stormwind Champion or Southsea Captain. After Equality is activated, persistent aura updates occur first before other minion effects are activated.
Equality should be saved for when the drawback of having the health of all your minions set to 1 is outweighed by the benefit of doing the same to your opponent. It is often used as a combo with Consecration, which will wipe out all of the opponent's minions aside from those protected by Divine Shields. Equality also works well with Avenging Wrath and Sword of Justice, where a single point of damage is all that is needed. Playing the neutral Wild Pyromancer and following it with Equality will effectively clear the field of all minions without Divine Shield, friend or foe.
Be careful when playing Equality against other classes with cheap board clearing spells, as using Equality puts your creatures at risk. Spells like Swipe, Fan of Knives and Whirlwind are excellent tools for this.
Equality works well with Murloc decks, as most Murlocs only have 1 Health to begin with, allowing it to be used with little penalty to your own minions.
Equality is useful in countering minions with Enrage, as the 1 Health will be their maximum, cancelling the Enrage effect and making it impossible to trigger it again without Health buffs.
Note that silencing a minion affected by Equality will return its current Health to its original maximum value, even if the minion was previously damaged below this number. This allows Equality to be used in combination with Silences like Wailing Soul to restore the paladin's minions to full Health.
- Equality is banned during the Curse of Naxxramas adventure's Heroic The Four Horsemen encounter. If played it will be Countered, accompanied by Kel'Thuzad saying "Equality?! Not on my watch!" No mana will be refunded for the card.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Elements" series, for the card Light of Reckoning.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 3 mana (Down from 4). Now has Holy spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 220.127.116.11855 (2019-02-05): Now costs 4 mana (Up from 2).
- Pyro Equality Fails - Trollden. (2017-02-16). Retrieved on 2017-02-16.