|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Shuffle into deck|
|Voice actor:||Amy Walker|
Battlecry: Shuffle the 'Map to the Golden Monkey' into your deck.
A large part of her job entails not mixing up the Map to the Golden Monkey with the Map to Monkey Island.
- For other representations of Elise, see Elise Starseeker (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Elise Starseeker||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Elise Starseeker is a minion with decent stats for a 4-cost card, and features a highly unique and powerful effect. By playing the Map to the Golden Monkey and the Golden Monkey in turn, all of your hand and deck's remaining cards are converted into legendary minions. Due to their high average of quality and special effects, this can provide a huge stream of threats that overwhelm the opponent, making it a great win condition.
Elise is excellent in a control-oriented deck, which already have the removal and healing spells needed to stall the game. This makes playing the Map and the Golden Monkey inevitable come late-game. Elise herself is a solid minion in the mid-game, and can help with board control against more aggressive opponents.
Elise can also be good in decks that can cycle through their deck quickly, such as mill decks. The Rogue spell Gang Up can be helpful, since Elise herself doesn't have too bad stats, and added maps means more possibility of Golden Monkeys. The Map to the Golden Monkey can also be used as a combo spell if you don't have anything else, and three Golden Monkeys make the all-legendary ability far more likely to trigger. She also delays Fatigue by one turn by adding two cards to the deck, one of which has a card draw effect.
If playing a Reno Jackson deck, be wary also of triggering Elise's Battlecry more than once (through Brann Bronzebeard, copy effects, or return to hand effects). It will add multiple maps to the deck, disabling Reno's heal condition until all of the maps but one are drawn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ▶️<Music stinger>
- Do you have the artifact?
- Get back!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Do you have the artifact?"
- Known to most by her code name, The Cartographer, the mysterious Elise is the mastermind behind countless successful League operations.
- She's got a lead on the long-lost Staff of Origination - and she needs your help to find it!
- "Elise has been on hundreds of League expeditions, she's created a huge catalog of maps and charts, she loves navigation and cartography, but her biggest joy is locating ancient artifacts, that are so old that they are just whispered about in taverns."
Elise returns in Journey to Un'Goro as a new card, Elise the Trailblazer. She also appears in the trailer for the expansion, leading an expedition to Un'Goro Crater and explaining its dangers to a group of children following her.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The maps lying on Elise's desk on her card art are maps of Stranglethorn Vale (top) and Uldum (bottom).
- Elise's flavor text is a reference to the Monkey Island adventure game franchise.
- Elise is also the older sister of Aranna Starseeker, as seen by their opening quotes in Play mode.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5233 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Join the League of Explorers on November 12!. (2015-11-06).
- Blizzcon 2015 Hearthstone League of Explorers Panel – 1080p. (2015-11-07).