|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Overload|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Random|
I'm not a shaman or anything, but isn't Elemental Destruction the opposite of what they want to do?
How to get
|Golden Elemental Destruction||1600||400|
- Unlike Lightning Storm, Elemental Destruction deals its damage to all minions, both the player's and the opponent's.
- The damage dealt by Elemental Destruction is calculated individually for each minion (so one minion may take 4 damage and another may take 5 damage).
- Although still figuring out the set of minions it will damage before beginning to damage anything, Elemental Destruction (unlike most area of effect damaging effect) resolves each Damage Event (queuing and resolving triggers) as soon as it is created in play order, before moving to damage the next minion.
Ostensibly a cheap and powerful removal spell, this card has two disadvantages. Firstly, it Overloads 5 Mana Crystals, for a total cost of 8 mana. However, Elemental Destruction has excellent synergy with Lava Shock, Eternal Sentinel, and Overdraft, to prevent the incapability of playing cards the next turn. Secondly, it deals damage to all minions, including those belonging to the caster. As a result it is best played in a control deck, or as a strong counter to aggressive decks.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Sha'kar.
- As of United in Stormwind, Elemental Destruction Overloads the most amount of mana on any collectible card.