|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Choose One, Transform|
|Wiki tags:||Beast-generating, Poisonous-generating, Taunt-generating|
The Druid awoke from troubling dreams to find herself transformed into a giant spider.
How to get
|Druid of the Swarm||100||20|
|Golden Druid of the Swarm||800||100|
- Resulting minions
- When played with Hobgoblin, Druid of the Swarm will first receive the buff from Hobgoblin and then transform, losing the buff in the process.
A very potent card for Aggro Druid decks. The Scarab form has high health for a two mana minion, and the Taunt allows you to maintain a board behind it. The Spider form can be used to remove a dangerous enemy minion, especially in the early game when your opponent is less likely to have a fast answer. It's potentially better than Stubborn Gastropod since it can be hidden behind a Taunt minion. Both forms can be buffed by Mark of Y'Shaarj.
- ▶️We will devour this world!
- ▶️For the swarm!
- ▶️<death sound>
While Warcraft features many druid sects, such as the Druids of the Claw, Druids of the Flame and Druids of the Fang, the Druids of the Swarm are original to Hearthstone. Little is therefore known about these druids, but they clearly appear to follow Malfurion the Pestilent's example of corrupting nature through pestilence and insects.
- Druid of the Swarm's flavor text is a reference to the first line of Franz Kafka's 1915 novella The Metamorphosis.
- Druid of the Swarm's attack quote is possibly a reference to "For the Swarm!", a common battlecry for members of the Zerg Swarm in Blizzard's StarCraft series.
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): Added.