|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
The Druids of the Fang live in the Wailing Caverns. They wear cool snake shirts and tell snake jokes and say "bro" a lot.
Druid of the Fang is a common druid minion card, from the Goblins vs Gnomes set. If there is a friendly Beast on the field when its Battlecry activates, it will transform into a 7/7 Druid of the Fang, which is itself a Beast.
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- This card's Battlecry transforms the Druid into an uncollectible 7/7 Druid of the Fang. As with all transformations, this change is permanent and cannot be undone by Silences or being returned to the hand.
- This card's Battlecry, if activated, will cause the minion's summoning to trigger . The Buzzard will not be activated during its normal phase, but instead after the minion's summoning has resolved.
- Similarly, if this card's battlecry activates, then playing this minion will trigger Knight of the Wild's in-hand trigger effect (reducing the cost of by 1).
Without making use of its Battlecry, this is an expensive and unremarkable card. Its value in a deck largely hinges on the availability of a friendly Beast to activate its Battlecry. Druid-class Beasts include , the transformed , , and minions, , and the 3/2 Panther from . If none of these suit, Druid of the Fang may provide an incentive to include neutral Beasts — especially or , as they come with Stealth and thus have synergy with a combo.
Note that friendly victims of transform effects such as , , or 's are Beasts.
In Arena, the prevalence of solid neutral Beasts at common rarity may increase the value of Druid of the Fang, but likely only as a later pick if a few Beasts have already been drafted; the speculative value of Druid of the Fang compares unfavorably to the guaranteed value of other common 5-drops such as and .
- In years past, a night elf druid named Naralex discovered a network of underground caverns within the heart of the Barrens. Dubbed the 'Wailing Caverns', these natural caves were filled with steam fissures which produced long, mournful wails as they vented. Naralex believed he could use the caverns' underground springs to restore lushness and fertility to the Barrens - but, once connected to the Dream, the druid's vision became a nightmare.
- Soon the Wailing Caverns began to change - the waters turned foul and the once-docile creatures inside metamorphosed into vicious, deadly predators. It is said that Naralex himself still resides somewhere inside the heart of the labyrinth, lost in the edges of the Emerald Dream. Even his former acolytes have been corrupted by their master's waking nightmare - transformed into the wicked Druids of the Fang.
- The Druid of the Fang were a group of druids found in the Wailing Caverns. Part of an order of noble druids whose plan was to heal the Barrens, they instead began seeking to remake that land to match their own, twisted dreams. They were eventually defeated by a group of adventurers.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Mythen of the Fang.
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.
- Tested by User:Taohinton and User:Xinhuan, 2015-02-02
- Official Game Guide - Wailing Caverns. Retrieved on 2014-11-28.