|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Discover|
His job is to spy on the Goons and the Jade Lotus, but he's OBVIOUSLY a dragon so it's pretty hard work.
How to get
|Golden Drakonid Operative||800||100|
- A variation on the usual Discover effect, this minion's Battlecry shows the player three cards from the opponent's deck, and adds a copy of the one selected to the player's hand.
- If the opponent has less than 3 cards remaining in his deck, the Discover effect shows the enemy's remaining cards to choose from in the pop-up display.
- Shadow Reflection will copy Drakonid Operative before the Battlecry checks for a dragon, causing it to trigger the effect without any other dragon cards in hand.
This minion's Battlecry provides strategic insight into the opponent's deck by revealing three cards left in their deck. This not only informs the player of the opponent's deck type, but can confirm which cards they don't currently have in their hand. It also provides a form of card draw, and even gives the player the option to draw the most useful card of three, similar to how Tracking functions. On top of that, Drakonid Operative has a very strong stat line, and provides Dragon synergy.
- Secret agent, coming through!
- Move aside!
The Drakonid Operative, a drakonid spy seemingly hailing from the green dragonflight, was hired by Kazakus to keep tabs on his rivals. The Operative's ability keeps in line with this theme, as even the two cards the player does not pick still gives them information about their opponent's deck.
- Drakonid Operative's Discover effect was originally intended for inclusion in The League of Explorers, although it was not then attached to a Dragon minion.
- The Drakonid Operative was originally known as the "Investigator" and lacked the Dragon minion type and restriction. This Investigator was also the earliest version of what would later become Raza the Chained.
- Patch 220.127.116.11954 (2020-01-21): Text changed from ”Battlecry: If you’re holding a Dragon, Discover a card in your opponent’s deck” to ”Battlecry: If you’re holding a Dragon, Discover a copy of a card in your opponent’s deck”. The effect remains the same.
- Patch 18.104.22.168770 (2018-08-02): The copied card now retains enchantments.
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2016-11-29): Added.
- Posed question on Reddit. (2016-12-04).
- BlizzCon 2016, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Hearthstone What's New Panel
- PC Gamer - The two-year making of Hearthstone’s Patches the Pirate. (2016-12-15).
- Cam Shea (2017-01-12). IGN - Hearthstone: Blizzard on designing Jade, testing red mana and leaving Reno behind. Retrieved on 2017-01-13.