|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Voice actor:||Wendee Lee|
Givin' lives and takin' names.
- For other representations of Alexstrasza, see Alexstrasza (disambiguation).
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1|
- The Battlecry effect cannot generate another Dragonqueen Alexstrasza.
- This card checks your current deck for cards, not your hand or deck in the beginning of the match. This means that cards shuffled in like Bombs or Dream Portals will disrupt the Battlecry.
Dragonqueen Alexstrasza is a great choice for most Highlander decks. The 0 mana Dragons help generate a lot of a board in the following turns. Since the Dragons are not summoned immediately, but added to your hand, you have some leeway in when to play them.
The card has a strong bit of variance due to RNG. Cards like and other small dragons prevent Dragonqueen Alexstrasza from generating a strong board immediately. However, cards like generate a very strong board. Most Dragons have beneficial effects, but , , and in particular can endanger your own board presence if played carelessly.
If possible, any deck that runs Alexstrasza should also run cards that Discover Dragons, such as or . While the odds of Discovering Alexstrasza aren't great, getting a second copy of her can provide you with immense value.
In Wild, Dragonqueen Alexstrasza, while a strong card, faces a far larger and more diluted pool of Dragons. Furthermore, highlander decks in Wild have other strong value based cards like . As such, while a strong card for highlander decks, she is not a mandatory card like or .
- Life and hope are worth fighting for.
- Life at any cost.
- Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, Leader Queen and Aspect of the red dragonflight One of the five Dragon Aspects and Aspect of Life, is the guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth. She was one of five great dragons chosen by the titans to be empowered with a portion of the Pantheon's power and rule over her flight while they watched over Azeroth and its inhabitants. The titans also appointed her queen of all dragons. Alexstrasza loves all living creatures and protects them, and only those who menace the dragonflights or the world face her wrath.
- With the rise of during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, Alexstrasza took a very active role in defending Azeroth against the Aspect of Death, eventually ordering her entire dragonflight to war against the Black Dragonflight. Alexstrasza, along with her fellow Aspects, gave their all to stop Deathwing once and for all, but lost much of their power in the process.
- "Life is my Aspect, Dark One, and I, like all mothers, know both the pain and wonders that entails!"
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Now reads: "... They cost (0)." (Down from 1).
- Patch 188.8.131.52261 (2020-07-14): Now reads: "... They cost (1)." (Up from 0).
- Patch 184.108.40.206282 (2020-01-09): Battlecry effect can no longer generate Dragonqueen Alexstrasza. Card text changed accordingly from "...add 2 random Dragons to your hand" to "...add 2 other random Dragons to your hand".
- Patch 220.127.116.11060 (2019-12-05): Added.